I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

March moto madness

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: March moto madness

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote:I know of the TWVT (Trans WV Trail). It runs from Morgantown WV all the way to Tellico Plains. There is also the TET which cuts through WV as well and from memory also goes through Tellico Plains. IIRC, lots of guys use these "trails" as a way to get to TN to start the TAT. The TWVT is on my short list for my once a year "dual-sport" trip somewhere; maybe next year since I am planning a run up to the Allegeheny National Forest this year.
shall I put this down on the 2016 DAMN Riders calendar?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

All of this talk of this trip makes me want to go. Maybe I'll approach the subject this week with the wife and see how it goes. I have a feeling that I should probably stay home and crush some OT in March to make up for being off of work for a few weeks in very near future.

TWVT...never heard of it. I should try it sometime. I'm game.

I'm planning a BRT trip this October. I have the files, although they're old so they might not have his updates on it.

I did the BRP the whole way down last year to TN. It only took two days at a moderate pace. We stopped to camp at Willville Bike Camp in Meadows of Dan, VA with plenty of light left in the day and even got dinner before it got dark. We didn't wake up too early to head out the next day either.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Skinny-J wrote:
I know of the TWVT (Trans WV Trail). It runs from Morgantown WV all the way to Tellico Plains. There is also the TET which cuts through WV as well and from memory also goes through Tellico Plains. IIRC, lots of guys use these "trails" as a way to get to TN to start the TAT. The TWVT is on my short list for my once a year "dual-sport" trip somewhere; maybe next year since I am planning a run up to the Allegeheny National Forest this year. I have gps files of all these if you ever want them, or they are all over ADV

I just started working on my DR650 today to get it back on the road for this season. I could be in on that for next year.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

juddspaintballs wrote:
I did the BRP the whole way down last year to TN. It only took two days at a moderate pace. We stopped to camp at Willville Bike Camp in Meadows of Dan, VA with plenty of light left in the day and even got dinner before it got dark. We didn't wake up too early to head out the next day either.
I think we screwed around on the Dragon Tail & at Wheels through Time before putting in some miles on the BRP then hammered the rest of it the next day to home. More than a day to do the whole thing though.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Skinny-J wrote:
Here is the report from our trip a few years ago.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2569&hilit=brt&start=10
Skinny-J I started reading your ride report today..... Wow, looks like an awesome time.
Looking forward to doing some of those rides :thumbup:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Bucho wrote:I just started working on my DR650 today to get it back on the road for this season.
:whip: Get busy
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

J&J wrote:
Skinny-J wrote:
Skinny-J I started reading your ride report today..... Wow, looks like an awesome time.
This was a FABULOUS trip (like most any trip Skinny-J organizes) I'd LOVE to do it again. Maybe in the opposite direction???
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

BigBird wrote:
J&J wrote:
Skinny-J wrote:
This was a FABULOUS trip (like most any trip Skinny-J organizes) I'd LOVE to do it again. Maybe in the opposite direction???
And without the Distanzia's!! I'd be in for that!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

So, who is in? Ride down or cage down? ????
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Well I'll need a fire under my ass to pull this off... need to weld gussets in the broken frame, install new tires & I think some jetting. Then inspected & tagged :huh:

Then it would be a maiden voyage for me on the bike & also for my shoulder so I don't know. I can try to get busy but I would need to do the truck. I hoped to get it together & ride it a bit beforehand. :shrug: