I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

March moto madness

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: March moto madness

Post by juddspaintballs »

DOH! I got it backwards. I remembered that a change of 3 teeth on the rear is nearly equal to a change of 1 tooth on the front, I just got the direction of change wrong.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Yup if you divide the two 15/48 is about the same as 14/45 so a 15/48 puts me right where SJ & Bonehead are & a swap to a 14 puts me where Strech is. I've ordered a 14 for the time being to see how I like it & think I'll order a 48 to try. :thumbup:
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Ok, so who is going down?????
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Still trying to talk Kathy into it. Going would mean cutting our California vacation a few days short. Saying I'm being met with resistance is putting it mildly. Maybe if you guys pitched in for a Cabo upgrade.....
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Ok, I am riding down Thursday afternoon. :smoking:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Just you? Riding vs truck? Which bike you taking? Got the 650 about ready, Mounted new tires today. Going to get inspected tomorrow. Don't have my luggage situation sorted out yet though. Also I would like to ride it some closer to home before I feel confident on a long trip.
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I have a set of wolfman luggage and rack and also a cycleman rear rack. Riding down with two others on bikes.
I can drop off the luggage racks and bags this weekend if you like to use them.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I'll pm you my number, give me a call :ride:
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I am gonna ride down Thursday :hi5: afternoon. Will post pics and report upon return. :loveit:
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

So, last Thursday I rode down with another guy on a GS1200 to MMM. We left in the pouring rain and stopped in Roanoke for the night.
We then rode to MMM Friday morning with relatively decent weather. We signed in and found ourselves a good tent site. This is when Tony realized he forgot his tent poles. It took me about ten seconds to say ok, lets find a cabin. Found a nice place close by and checked in then headed back to the ralley. The place was already a muddy mess.
After hanging around we went for a short spin the head to the cabin.the cabin was a great option.
Saturday morning we rode to the ralley and met up with some other guys riding GS bikes.
We decided to ride a single track ride and headed out. A total of eight guys riding.
The track was a good tight track and started off with a few switchbacks heading up the mountain side.
This is when it got interesting. I was playing sweeper and following the group. The guy in front of me went down within200' off road. This went on for 8miles. He dropped that thing over 40 times. To the right, left, upsidedown. Oh my gosh was his bike heavy. The last thing he did was go off trail into a 25' deep ditch. What the beck!!!!
So, I got to use my winch again pulling it up. Once up the bike wouldn't start because it no longer recognised the key chip, wtf. Then we had to tow him out.
He ended up getting it going on the fireroad and we all headed back to the ralley. Once back we all parked and started laughing and reminising. Meanwhile, Stephen just disappeared once he parked his bike. No one saw him again until tge next day.
After a long night we headed back to the cabin and got some sleep.
Sunday we got up, loaded the bikes and started heading home.
I got home about 745pm tired and frankly sore.
All went well and I had a blast. Met new faces and got to ride with other big bike fools.