I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

"Tough like RORR"

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: "Tough like RORR"

Post by Boom Boom »

anotherguy wrote:I think you see that the wrong way. The trials bikes aren't a threat. There in the fookin' way of a bunch of 50 HP weapons.
Say what you will but one of our locals drove his mothers car with his Sherco trials bike stuffed in the back to Vegas and managed to get entered into the endurocross and won a couple heats and was kicking the ass of some top guns. That was not going over well so they filled the water pit full depth to take him out and it worked.
Next thing you know trials bikes are not allowed and then made a separate class and sherco moved the air intake to where the gas tank was. Was that because of what Nick done or was that the plan all along? The world will never know.
Come to my single track at the farm and take a good woods rider on a proper woods bike and an average trials rider on a bone stock trials bike.....best of luck shaking the trials bike from your tail.
Before I bothered with endure bikes I would ride places like Paragon and The Cove on my trials bike with others on enduro bikes.....I would look for a rock to play on at intersections while I waited for the group to catch up to me.
Would be a sad day for a enduro club to host such a "hard ass" event and some shmuck on a bike with no seat show up and make a fool of them for spending all that money on suspension and bling to go fast.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

http://www.truckinweb.com/videos/01/200 ... oros/1658/

Nice little clip about Nick and his trip to Vegas.
I think he put egg on the face of a lot of people and a bunch of rules changed after that.
Nick told me he had no clue if they would allow him to enter or not, just took off with his trials gear...no body armor and yes those silly trials boots. Nick was riding our ADV class at the time, not even our local expert level.
I often wanted to stuff a 200 KTM engine into a older Gas Gas trials frame and see what for a trail ripper you could make. :screwy:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:Would be a sad day for a enduro club to host such a "hard ass" event and some shmuck on a bike with no seat show up and make a fool of them for spending all that money on suspension and bling to go fast.
Mike, Mike, Mike ... you are definitely NOT "PC."

:doh:

:peep:

:killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Boom Boom wrote: What sort of pisses me off is I wanted SPER to skip the hare scramble and do a last man standing event like this...all I got was no one likes "hard events" they want "fast and fun".
:
That's too bad. I'd like the tougher events. The only time I ever pass people during an enduro is in a rock garden or going up a tough hill where the other guys are stuck/down.

That said, I do understand pandering to the masses.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

This ain't endurocross.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

anotherguy wrote:This ain't endurocross.
From what I read the loop for the first rounds is only a couple miles long and the final is around 10 miles so yes I expect some more open areas but if RORR calls it hard I would expect more 1st gear riding than 3rd gear open stuff. But we are only making a wild guess and honestly I could care less.
Early July the only thing I will be interested in is finding a shade spot and a cold beer. :cheers:

Bucho sounds like you want me to throw some more logs into my woods loop to keep you entertained...the masses have highways built around most logs on the loop so I figured keep everyone happy and have less log crossings :shrug:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Kyler wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:Would be a sad day for a enduro club to host such a "hard ass" event and some shmuck on a bike with no seat show up and make a fool of them for spending all that money on suspension and bling to go fast.
Mike, Mike, Mike ... you are definitely NOT "PC."

:doh:

:peep:

:killingme:
Just waiting on SJ to give me a good one for derailing his thread and all this silly talk about those POS euro bikes with no seats.
One of the RORR members is also one of our trials club members....I bet the no trials bikes was his doing and if the trials tires suck so bad then let them run them and get the video camera ready.
My hat is off to RORR for stepping outside the box and offering something like this that requires less land to run and should bring in some spectators also.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Boom Boom wrote:

Bucho sounds like you want me to throw some more logs into my woods loop to keep you entertained...the masses have highways built around most logs on the loop so I figured keep everyone happy and have less log crossings :shrug:

YES PLEASE! My favorite part about your loop is just when things are starting to flow and I am getting into a grove, you round a turn and there is a big-ole log to give you a hard time. That's my favorite part of having a proper punishment when riding your loop! I used to hate logs until I started riding them more (at your place) and now they hardly bother me...

I do admit that one big thing I don't like about the Rekluse is that its much harder to do a clutch wheelie and properly tackle logs. I find I am having to pump the front forks much more and can use all the practice you can provide.

There is one uphill section you already have where there is a leading small log about 3' before a couple more logs that when hit like you mean it in 3rd gear will cause you to jump over the last two; its my favorite of your loop and I would take a dozen more of those! :thumbup:

SJ
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

It is not a trials event, I don't blame them. Keep trials bikes in trials events and vice versa. Yeah on average, a guy on a Trials Bike can go as fast as a Enduro bike in the woods, but then again, you put the right guy on a KX85 and he'll smoke everybody through the trees as well. It gives an unfair advantage in these types of events, especially when it comes to having to push/pull a bike. You can DAMN near carry a trials bike.

Besides, I think all of you guys who run trials tires are gay anyway :killingme:
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote:Besides, I think all of you guys who run trials tires are gay anyway :killingme:
Firebolter just gave you guys a warm fuzzy :hug:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris