I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2015 Reunion ride.

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:

Date and location for the 2015 Re-Union Ride

May 2-3
7%
May 16-17
36%
I love my Mom but that weekend works best
4%
Mountain Ridge
25%
Greenridge (screw that single track stuff)
7%
MotoCove (bring on the rocks!)
No votes
Barton Play Ground!
18%
Other (explain below)
4%

Total votes: 28

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

2015 Reunion ride.

Post by Wingfixer »

They musta slipped something into my beer at last nights get-together because I could swear I heard myself volunteer to put together this years' reunion ride. :doh:

Anyway, this will be the planning thread, an actual ride thread will be started after a few details get hammered out. On with the hammering...

Mother's Day is May 10th this year, we usually schedule this thing around then so I'm going to make the choices:

1) May 2-3
2) May 16-17
3) May 9-10 (for you guys that don't love your Mothers)
And the Friday before all these weekends for those that want to get setup early.

After some conversation with a few DAMN guys it seems like Mountain Ridge is our best bet for a venue. I am open to suggestions but if you have one be sure to consider and explain the locations options. I.E. does it have good camping, easy loops or trails for kids and newbies, two track trails for the side-by-side crowd, and price. Mountain Ridge opens May 1st this year so we could do later weekends but probably not earlier unless they would give us special consideration. They did that in the past, IIRC, but earlier than May 1st is also risking bad (cold) weather. I'm going to put a dead line of April 1 for debate, that should give everybody plenty of time to make their plans.

Since I don't have the juice around here to start a poll I'll keep this post updated with every one's opinions/votes.

Game On!!

Edit: Special Dispensation Hath been Granted!!
Last edited by Wingfixer on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: 2015 Reunion ride.

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:They musta slipped something into my beer at last nights get-together because I could swear I heard myself volunteer to put together this years' reunion ride. :doh:
we have witnesses and a witness protection program! :loveit: DAMN but I love volunteers. :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Mountain Ridge is a pretty good location especially when taking in factors of kids/noobs riding.

Do we have any volunteers to lead/plan a big bike/dualsport/adventure ride off the reservation? Im assuming there is probably some good twisty pavement and a few dirtroads somewhere around there. (Im not volunteering, Id rather ride some big rocks and find this elusive "new" piece of single track that Id heard rumors of). Might be good for an adventure FZ09 or some big KTM twins...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Jay led me on a D/S ride form there a couple years ago. I'd be willing to bet he could be talked into it again. Right Jay?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'll be on another two-wheeled trip on the weekend of May 16-17.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote:Jay led me on a D/S ride form there a couple years ago. I'd be willing to bet he could be talked into it again. Right Jay?
Mothers-day, scmothers-day, I voted for that weekend. Mommy knows I lover her all year round and wouldn't care if I went riding on some made-up greeting card holiday. If ya all have it on the 2'nd I can't come; the kids have a thing at school. If ya have it on the 16th it would be tough, that's right before we leave for a week. The 9th is therefore the best of the options given. However, I reserve the right to change my vote to the 16 should it come down to a tie with the 2'nd so I can at least attend in some fashion....

Should fate grant me a come from behind win for the 9th, I will gladly offer my services for a ride off of the reservation. Since this will pretty much involve bringing an entire additional bike, if any other weekend is selected you are on your own... :fitz: :fitz:

SJ
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

3rd-10th I'll be at Deals gap for the annual two stroke meet up. So that leaves May 16-17.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I can do any weekend- so my vote can change.
I can bring ATV if my knee is still an issue or just ride some DS stuff.
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Lucky for all your schmucks I left the voting set do you can change your mind. Vote early, vote often, change it all you want. The concrete sets on April fool's day.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

If you guys want to do it a Barton, I am good for either weekend 5/16-17 or 5/2-3. Joker is actually graduating from Frostburg with degrees in physics and engineering 5/22, so I am planning on celebrating with him the weekend of 5/16-17 at Barton.

I have not been to a Reunion Ride. Therefore, my ignorance of the required Reunion Ride accommodations may exclude Barton as an acceptable venue. If such is the case, I completely understand and then would be inspired to host something 5/2-3 or another date.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.