I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Junior and Sam's 777 ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Junior and Sam's 777 ride

Post by Bucho »

dirtygrunt wrote:I had an idea about looping north into PA, hitting Centraila and the Seven Mtn DS loop, maybe thru Roth Rock SF. Tusky and Michaux could also be included.
Maybe have sections and different guys plan the route for each section :shrug:
You can overnight in any SF for free.

Just an idea :deal:
Other than Michaux, I generally don't make it much into PA on my rides. That would be mostly uncharted territory for me. Sounds like the start of a good plan.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I thought Michaux trails were off limits except during the DS ride, unless you guys are speaking of the roads all through it?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

juddspaintballs wrote:I thought Michaux trails were off limits except during the DS ride, unless you guys are speaking of the roads all through it?
Yup, the easy dirt roads.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

and the only time we ever got pulled over riding the Wasp was at Michaux. :doh:

The nice young officer didn't believe it was legal at first and the sergeant on the other end of the radio call never did believe it. It is always good to ride with a law enforcement officer ... :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Bucho wrote:
juddspaintballs wrote:I thought Michaux trails were off limits except during the DS ride, unless you guys are speaking of the roads all through it?
Yup, the easy dirt roads.
A few years back when I was first getting back into dirt and DS riding Bucho and I did a couple of rides on the legal roads in Michaux that had SOME somewhat challenging rutted, loose, bumpy dirt roads = FUN at least for a totally incompetent OFG Newbie on a WR250R trying to keep up with the MIGHTY BUCHO!

SO a couple of years ago when my KTM525 was new to me and a guy that lives near Michaux and is heavily involved in planning the Enduro and DS rides up there started having Thursday evening group rides I rode the 525 up and joined them figuring he would know the MOST interesting roads in the area. WELL the guy was very nice but the roads were WAY TOO NICE. About 99% of what we rode was almost perfectly smooth roads the GL1800 or a Big Harley or any car would have been fine on and we had to get up to VERY high speeds (way faster than the OFG likes) where we were overriding our sight lines, etc. to make them remotely challenging.

I was told that, for a while the road maintenance budgets were cut and the weather was bad and the roads became more INTERESTING. But now the budgets were restored and the roads were almost PERFECT = NOT!

SO - I haven't been to Michaux (except for the organized events) since and have no interest in returning unless someone tells me there are some INTERESTING roads there again.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Yup....talk to the locals to find the best worst roads. :deal:

Maybe you should also set your parameters...is the a DS ride?
A big bike friendly ride?
A 400cc and below with knobs ride?
Trials tires allowed. WTF?
Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

dirtygrunt wrote:Trials tires allowed. WTF?
So what category are we putting the Mountain Hybrids in? Trials/Gay or... :think:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

juddspaintballs wrote:
dirtygrunt wrote:Trials tires allowed. WTF?
So what category are we putting the Mountain Hybrids in? Trials/Gay or... :think:
maybe a new category - bi-sexual?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

doubles your chances of getting laid :Nanadancing:

how about motorbike-sexual
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ike-sexual
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote:
dirtygrunt wrote:I had an idea about looping north into PA, hitting Centraila and the Seven Mtn DS loop, maybe thru Roth Rock SF. Tusky and Michaux could also be included.
Maybe have sections and different guys plan the route for each section :shrug:
You can overnight in any SF for free.

Just an idea :deal:
Other than Michaux, I generally don't make it much into PA on my rides. That would be mostly uncharted territory for me. Sounds like the start of a good plan.
I still have the route you laid out for the DS ride that started at JT's. When I did the test ride it was an all day deal on some pretty "interesting" roads and went a ways into PA. It wouldn't be hard to add a couple roads to that and make it a multi-day ride. I agree that this should be aimed at more of a true DS ride. Maybe not road bike friendly but not 450 required either (think Kyler's FZ-09 ADV thing). I might even bring out the Distznias for the general entertainment quality.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.