I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Junior and Sam's 777 ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Junior and Sam's 777 ride

Post by Marylander »

dirtygrunt wrote:Yup....talk to the locals to find the best worst roads. :deal:

Maybe you should also set your parameters...is the a DS ride?
A big bike friendly ride?
A 400cc and below with knobs ride?
Trials tires allowed. WTF?
I'm wondering this too. Would one of my street bikes (kawi versys) be reasonable for this? I've done forest roads in VA on a vtr1000 superhawk before...
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I like the idea of a DS ride. My KLR hasn't been out in a while.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Marylander wrote:
dirtygrunt wrote:Yup....talk to the locals to find the best worst roads. :deal:

Maybe you should also set your parameters...is the a DS ride?
A big bike friendly ride?
A 400cc and below with knobs ride?
Trials tires allowed. WTF?
I'm wondering this too. Would one of my street bikes (kawi versys) be reasonable for this? I've done forest roads in VA on a vtr1000 superhawk before...
The Versys is much like my FZ-09 and I'm riding it. Some DS tires will help a lot.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Cool, I'm a definite maybe then. I'll just stick to the pilot roads I've got on there. Who knows, maybe it'll
inspire me to put on other tires when these wear out.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Marylander wrote:Cool, I'm a definite maybe then. I'll just stick to the pilot roads I've got on there. Who knows, maybe it'll
inspire me to put on other tires when these wear out.
with street tires, we will be the entertainment committee! :poser:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

From the sounds of things, I could bring the touring 'tard 650 or the 350 on 17s, but when the 17s come out, I'm (more) prone to misbehavior.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Kyler wrote:with street tires, we will be the entertainment committee! :poser:
Heh, I wonder if I should take the side bags off. Bikes are my main transportation but at least I've got another street bike if I get to be too "entertaining". ;)
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

thetable wrote:From the sounds of things, I could bring the touring 'tard 650 or the 350 on 17s, but when the 17s come out, I'm (more) prone to misbehavior.
Yes, 17's would be fine. These are usually rides that could be done on any street bike. Just more fun on a bike w/ longer suspension...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer wrote: I still have the route you laid out for the DS ride that started at JT's. When I did the test ride it was an all day deal on some pretty "interesting" roads and went a ways into PA. It wouldn't be hard to add a couple roads to that and make it a multi-day ride. I agree that this should be aimed at more of a true DS ride. Maybe not road bike friendly but not 450 required either (think Kyler's FZ-09 ADV thing). I might even bring out the Distznias for the general entertainment quality.
Are you talking about the one that you and I did?
That was a pretty fun loop. I think we had our Suzuki's outfitted w/ street tires and those seemed about the perfect bike to me. (DR650 w/ sumo wheels/tires, and a DRZ400 w/ distancias)
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Bucho wrote:
Wingfixer wrote: I still have the route you laid out for the DS ride that started at JT's. When I did the test ride it was an all day deal on some pretty "interesting" roads and went a ways into PA. It wouldn't be hard to add a couple roads to that and make it a multi-day ride. I agree that this should be aimed at more of a true DS ride. Maybe not road bike friendly but not 450 required either (think Kyler's FZ-09 ADV thing). I might even bring out the Distznias for the general entertainment quality.
Are you talking about the one that you and I did?
That was a pretty fun loop. I think we had our Suzuki's outfitted w/ street tires and those seemed about the perfect bike to me. (DR650 w/ sumo wheels/tires, and a DRZ400 w/ distancias)
As I remember the QOFE, the OFG and Bandit enjoyed that loop on the real BigBird! (and I don't remember fitting any knobbies?)
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike