I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

seven mtn

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Re: seven mtn

Post by trialsrider »

The route was little disappointing (relative to past years). Ran what they termed the "Rain route". A lot of gravel and fire roads. Nice day though, not hot and no dust.. I saw J, Patrick, junior and ovo at the start. They arrived just as I was starting. Guys I thought about waiting, but it seem like I was going cook in my gear waiting, so I hit it. I will catch you next time. I ran the whole course in little over 3hrs and was headed home around 1:30
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

It is a shame with the weather, they had a good route planned.
The FS Rangers have final say if an event can be ran at all so the ADV route removed the single track and would have minimal impact to the land so that was an acceptable route. Thanks for attending and supporting PaTRA.
A ton of work goes into hosting an event so having to give up the original route would be more of a let down to them than the riders.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the work those guys put in keeping the trails open and putting on the event. I was just disappointed given how great the routes have been in the past. I will hope for perfect weather next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Hey Sean, it was good seeing you! No worries with the waiting, we rolled out just before the sweepers. It was a good enough route considering we all brought our "big" bikes. Even with a couple flats we where done and on our way home by 1500. Looking forward to next year!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

http://www.mountaindale.net/

For those of you that like that general area and type of riding available the place I listed above would make a perfect hub to make a DS adventure to the north of Bald Eagle and the 7-mountains DS loop and all the "driveable trails" in that area also Shade mountain is just to the south of Mountain Dale.
I think the R&T crew has used this place before.
It is not like free camping but has the lodging ability for a mini DAMN gathering. :think:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Boom Boom wrote:http://www.mountaindale.net/

For those of you that like that general area and type of riding available the place I listed above would make a perfect hub to make a DS adventure to the north of Bald Eagle and the 7-mountains DS loop and all the "driveable trails" in that area also Shade mountain is just to the south of Mountain Dale.
It is not like free camping but has the lodging ability for a mini DAMN gathering. :think:
If anyone is interested in do something like Boom Boom is suggesting, I would be up for it. Maybe sometime the end of July beginning of Aug mid-way between now and Michaux.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

trialsrider wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:http://www.mountaindale.net/

If anyone is interested in do something like Boom Boom is suggesting, I would be up for it. Maybe sometime the end of July beginning of Aug mid-way between now and Michaux.

Sounds like you need to start a new thread since you just signed yourself up to organize this :amazon:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Walked into that one :dry:

Although the hancock quarry run Skinny J posted might need a warm up ride prior at Shade.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

We (R&T) stay there every year now for the last 4 years. Nice place and Miss Sally is a great cook! Definitely get the breakfast, it is awesome. There are a buttload of good trails and roads within 5 minutes of the house we rode and of course, Shade is only 15 miles away. Dual Sport heaven around there for sure. Any size bike and you can have fun, just stay off the trails that are hiking only and make sure you have a tag/registration. Not uncommon to run into DLNR folks when out riding that area. You're not far from alot of the Dirty Dabbers sections and stuff out on the Troxellville Side of the mountain.
Lots of cool bikes---