I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Ride this weekend? Feb 14-15

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Ride this weekend? Feb 14-15

Post by juddspaintballs »

Based on the off-road performance of the Volvo wagon at Tasker's last week, I think I could tackle the jeep trails at the Cove with it :harhar:

I'll be in Winchester hanging out with some friends, working on bikes and trailers, and drinking.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

juddspaintballs wrote:Based on the off-road performance of the Volvo wagon at Tasker's last week, I think I could tackle the jeep trails at the Cove with it :harhar:

I'll be in Winchester hanging out with some friends, working on bikes and trailers, and drinking.
Now that is the best plan I can think of for this miserable cold weather :freakey:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Boom Boom wrote:
juddspaintballs wrote:Based on the off-road performance of the Volvo wagon at Tasker's last week, I think I could tackle the jeep trails at the Cove with it :harhar:

Now that is the best plan I can think of for this miserable cold weather :freakey:
I think that HOT weather in GA got you SPOILED :lol2:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

BigBird wrote:
Skinny-J wrote:RAC would be fun; but I don't have a '15 permit yet??
Jay, I'm flexible so YOU can pick the time, etc. but somewhere around 9:00 to 10:00 at Cove would certainly work.

Forecast is getting BETTER - High 42 degrees and now only 60% chance of PM precip.

Who else is IN???
Sam,

10 sounds good; its about 2.5 hours for me so that gives me some time and a chance for it to warm up.

You will have to be patient with me as I want a chance to try the spikes and see how they hold up on the rocks; but then I will probably switch tire sets as the spikes will be over-kill...

See ya then.

SJ
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

You two guys are welcome to come ride the farm Saturday, those rocks at the Cove will make a mess of your screws Jay.
I have some firewood to gather in the morning so I will be there for a little while anyhow.
You can at least enjoy your screws/spikes at the farm.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Boom Boom wrote:You two guys are welcome to come ride the farm Saturday, those rocks at the Cove will make a mess of your screws Jay.
I have some firewood to gather in the morning so I will be there for a little while anyhow.
You can at least enjoy your screws/spikes at the farm.
Mike,

Thanks! That would be great! I have a little score to settle with the frozen hill behind the shop. We will see you around 10'. Looking forward to it. :roost:

SJ
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

OFG too! :ride:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Awesome! Wish I could attend. I'm looking forward to a performance/ride report!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

The J-Man with the New Custom Screw/Spikes was setting an impressive pace through the 4 to 6 inches of firm snow today!

The OFG was shortcutting the little loops at every opportunity and still couldn't keep up. :shrug:
I think Jay probably rode about twice as many miles as the OFG. :lol2:

The riding was challenging - particularly on the second lap or when following because the snow was firm enough for the ruts we made to try to catch or turn the front wheel when crossing or riding in them.

BUT it was FUN and the OFG got some arm exercise.

I'll let J give the detailed SCREW report but I'd say they worked good!

THANK YOU - BOOM BOOM
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Sam hope you remembered to make a card and flower stop on your way home or QOFE will be having you test out how well your garage heater works.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr