I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

SHADE will be closing!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

SHADE will be closing!

Post by Firebolter »

Just a friendly reminder, SHADE will be closing to bikes 1 April, so this is the last time to ride for a while. A bunch of R&T folks are there this weekend and then some of the Pa boyz are coming over tomorrow to ride. Tomorrow should be pretty nice there, sunny and 50. :loveit:

Boom Boom and I rode there right around Christmas and it was nice and open, so the trails are in good shape!
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: SHADE will be closing!

Post by Wingfixer »

This weekend is out for me, you guys have a good time! When does it open again?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Who wants to go up Tuesday?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Firebolter wrote: some of the Pa boyz are coming over tomorrow to ride. Tomorrow should be pretty nice there, sunny and 50. :loveit:
Hey Bill, where & what time are you guys meeting? The parking lot or at Mountaindale Farm?
Anybody else want to go up from Maryland?

No tag so I need to meet at trail parking lot
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

SHADE will be closing!

Post by Firebolter »

Sorry J, I took off after I posted and didn't look at the board again till this morning.

Shade opens again the Friday before Memorial Day.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

No worries I'm a big boy & prolly could have found you guys if I had tried but.... at 6:00 I was thinking it was a little chilly & pulled a Kyler :killingme:

I did get out to the watershed for a while on the 650 in the afternoon :thumbup:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

The OFG was Adventure riding with a couple of R&T guys Friday on the mighty 525. We did about 60 miles - MOSTLY ON 7 mtns DS trails and roads I think? The trail sections were good with some snow but not too much but some of the dirt road sections were AWFUL with a thick layer of ice which is apparently the result of snowmobiling??? I dropped the 525 about a dozen times and had to push up some very slight grades! UGH!

BUT a group of about 9 R&T folks did the outer loop at Shade (less Mitchel) Sat and again Sun and it was REALLY fun with modest amounts of snow and good traction EXCEPT on some of the North side where it was up to a foot of snow over the BIG rock climbs and decents which made me REALLY HAPPY to be on the Freeride. I had less trouble in the nasty stuff than even the fit youngsters :lol2: With only a few exceptions the Freeride would just "tials ride" though some REALLY nasty stuff and even if stopped - could restart and resume climbing.

Shade IS a TRULY GREAT set of trails. Manny thanks to Boom Boom and his buddies for all their work there!!!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike