I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tasker's Gap ride April 2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I've got off of work on April 2 and nothing planned. I need some 2 wheel time with absolutely zero hours since mangling my finger January 2 at Shade. Today was my last day of physical therapy and I'm ready to roll.

Who wants to ride on Thursday?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Tasker's Gap ride April 2

Post by Bucho »

Sorry Im working.

But make sure you double check that it is open. They close it down in the spring till things dry out a bit.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I thought they opened just recently. I'll check on it.

Thursday's weather for Edinburg, VA: 74º and sunny with 0% chance of rain.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 6.53.19 PM.png
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I believe they opened this past weekend, but it always a good idea to call them first as they occasionally open/close earlier/later than usual. Also note you need to call on a weekday.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

They usually open 3rd Monday in March, but they pushed it back a week (at least) this year. Last we talked to the rangers, they were planning to open on the 23rd, but I cannot confirm that they actually did open. Like Joe said, call the Lee Ranger district office, and ask. I can't make Thursday, but Friday and Saturday I'm game.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I wish I could ride Fri/Sat. I've got Easter stuff with my family on Friday, work Saturday, Easter with my in-laws on Sunday. My weird schedule leaves me free to do things during the week a lot, but it always seems like I'm working when other people want to do things (weekends or week nights).
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

juddspaintballs wrote: but it always seems like I'm working when other people want to do things (weekends or week nights).
I know how you feel...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Looks like myself and Ottoparts in for tomorrow with another local friend showing up around lunchtime to ride. Same lot as usual, kickstands up around 10. Back in the lot for lunch around 1230 for anyone wanting to show up late.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

The weather was absolutely beautiful. You couldn't have asked for a better day to ride than today. The trails were pretty good, although there was quite a bit of thorny growth hanging in the trails already. A little mud here and there, a few puddles, and tons of the usual rocks. Ted, Chris, and I got turned around a few times on the trails but eventually found our way back to the parking lot. Earlier in the day before Ted arrived, Chris and I rode across the street and had a good time warming up over there too. We all got our season passes today, so I'm sure I'll be there more this summer.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

How is the bike feeling Jed? Are you bonding with the 2T feel?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200