I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Allegheny National Forest Dual Sport Ride - Sept 17- 20

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Allegheny National Forest Dual Sport Ride - Sept 17- 20

Post by Bucho »

Bugger short range KTMs

Had to refill from the big tank Hondas and Suzukis.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Big Elk
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

First nights stay. J and I stayed in haunted room #7. I didnt sleep well.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

why didn't you sleep well? did odd things happen or was it just J's snoring?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Kyler wrote:why didn't you sleep well? did odd things happen or was it just J's snoring?
J doesn't snore. He just dreams he's a motorcycle on single track. :cheers:
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Granville wrote:
Kyler wrote:why didn't you sleep well? did odd things happen or was it just J's snoring?
J doesn't snore. He just dreams he's a motorcycle on single track. :cheers:
Hey Jim, I think you have your J's mixed up..... SJ dreams motorcycle noises.... and.... AWESOME motorcycle trips. This was a great one :thumbup:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Thank you, Skinny-J, for putting together such a great trip. I had a very good time and I'm glad I went.

I appreciate the patience everyone else had with me as well for having a small fuel tank and being a n00b rider. I got quite comfortable on gravel and dirt roads with my new bike by the end of the trip. The trails were pretty good and not too hard for a new guy like me. You guys were friendly enough to wait for me frequently at the end of the trails (sorry). If it hadn't been for Phil's small bald tires, I think I wouldn't have been able to keep up with anyone.

Food was good, company wasn't half bad, and the hotel rooms had acceptable beds. "The Itinerary" wasn't strictly followed, nor were the routes, but the overall plan was generally followed and it was well within reason. A big thanks to Sam for patching my bike up last night with a new subframe bolt and some wire to hold the chain slider in place.

I'm thankful my new bike actually didn't have any major problems on the trip. The kick starter seal leaked a good bit of oil that resulted in me using almost a quart of oil throughout the trip, the chain is at the end of it's life along with the sprockets, I need to affix my chain slider to the swingarm again, I need to fix my rear brake wiring since the exhaust melted it, and apparently I caught a rock from someone's roost with my headlight and I have a cracked lens. I definitely need a bigger fuel tank (and perhaps more spare fuel in tow too) and a better seat to do another trip like that again. Otherwise, I think the new bike performed rather well. I could not have ridden that quickly with the KLR and I doubt I ever would have made it up those rocky hills with it at all.

I'm not much for taking pictures, so I only have a couple. For those who didn't make the trip, my new toy is a '03 KTM 450 EXC. It was a bit neglected and hacked up since it's partially a 450 EXC and partially (frame and some parts) a '01 520 SX. It needed a good deal of love to get ready for the trip, and it still needs a good bit more love.

Thanks again for the great trip, guys! Until next time...
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

This was a great one! A good group of people, and a good match of riding abilities. The route was absolutely fantastic! Thanks again, Jay! And everyone else, too, for being such great riding partners.

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I thought you did well Jed, you were noticably faster as the trip progressed. Though Im glad you werent any faster on the offroad trails. I liked having someone riding in the back with me.

I took a few more pics. Ill get some up as time allows.

It was an awesome trip. Very dualsport in the truest sense. Long days in the saddle, running 70+ on pavement, thrashing some twisty pavement, lots of dirt (and dust), AND some great offroad trails. Not the the most gnarliest stuff, but still some great trails with a few rocks. It rained on our offroad day just so we would have some challenge.
Great trip SJ!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Had a great time! Thanks SJ! Dual sporting at its best!!!!!!!!! No broken bones and no broken bikes And only a little bit of blood! :hi5:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX