I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Allegheny National Forest Dual Sport Ride - Sept 17- 20

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Allegheny National Forest Dual Sport Ride - Sept 17- 20

Post by Bucho »

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I swear that hill was far rockier and steeper than the pictures show.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

These last couple shots are from the Rocky Gap section of trails. I had a bit more fun here. Probably a combination of had dried out a little, I let just a little more air out of my tires, and maybe I finally had a pretty good understanding of what I could do on these wheels/tires.

We were just in time to get rained on again while we raced back to the hotel. Good times.

Day 4 was just riding home. But we still managed a few good roads. I think everyone's highlight was jumping this set of railroad tracks. I was in back and was awesome watching every bike leap into the air!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

:lol2: Yup, the RR crossing had me giggling like a little girl for quite a while. I was right behind Skinny-J and the second thought I had, after "Huh, I don't think he's going to slow down for those tracks" was "Pigs really CAN fly!!". It was awesome!!!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Great pics guys, thanks for sharing; and nice write up Phil. Here’s the few pics that I grabbed:
Group shot (I climbed that DAMN Hill for this):

Junior tearing it up:

WF, J and Bigbird on the rocky hill climb (get those feet on the pegs boy!)

I really enjoyed our trip. I get so caught-up in pounding hard core single track with the dirt bikes that I forget how fun (real) dual-sporting can be. These bikes are simply amazing to be carving twisty pavement one minute, running down high-speed gravel roads the next and then able to jump off road into some pretty decent trail riding; the only thing I ever changed on the bike was where I was sitting on the seat or standing on the pegs.

Our group was great and for 9 guys I thought we kept our pace (very “briskly” thanks to WF) moving nicely the whole time, including stops and re-groups. The only problem with letting WF lead is when I climbed on the Connie-commuter Monday morning, I immediately rocketed to 70 mph as I was leaving my neighborhood; it seems I have picked up some bad habits.

I am very glad so many of you guys stepped up for this ride. Make sure to tell your buddies what they missed and maybe they can get their priorities straight for next year’s trip!

SJ
da scrub
DAMN Wanabe

Post by da scrub »

Many thanks to Jay for putting it all together... it was a blast!