I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Ride to Work Day

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Ride to Work Day

Post by juddspaintballs »

I rode to work yesterday, and home from work today.

It was an awesome ride in to work. I took my usual course of back roads into Inwood with only a couple forest rats trying to take me out. From there, I took 51 from Inwood into Charlestown where I picked up 340 heading into MD. It was about 0530 hrs when I crossed the Shenandoah and Potamac River bridges and the sun was just coming up enough to make it "daylight" outside even though it wasn't fully risen. By the time I made it past Brunswick, the weather got very neat looking. To my right (south) was bright daylight and no clouds in the sky. To my left (north, Frederick) it was very dark, with angry looking clouds layered and lying low, a visible fog on the ground and extending about 500' into the sky, and sheets of rain visible falling down and being blown around with a strong wind. I was in the grey zone on 340 and not getting rained on. By the time I made it to Frederick, the darkness and wind had descended upon me and it was just lightly raining. The wind was pushing me around a bit, which was pretty fun. I knew I was very shortly going to be making a right hand turn on 270S and getting out of the storm so I wasn't concerned with putting on rain gear. The rest of the ride was uneventful and 270 was even moving fairly well for a week day. I wish I would have had some sort of professional camera and the skills to use it, because the view from my saddle on 340 was phenomenal and I've never experienced riding directly along the front of a storm like that before on a bike.

I parked my bike in the engine bay behind the tower for the shift so any of that rain that came through didn't wash the dirt off of it for me. A nice comfortable temperature for the ride home this morning with no chance of rain on my way home. I'm glad I rode to work yesterday. I know I'm riding into work on Wednesday next week and then leaving from work to go on a 3 day trip starting Thursday.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R