I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hancock Quarry Run 8/1 -8/2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Hancock Quarry Run 8/1 -8/2

Post by Firebolter »

I've done Hancock, and I will explain it like this, it is an Enduro without checks. Serious single track, I would NOT ride this on a 650 myself. It is really good trails, but there can be some serious sections where you want a "real" dirtbike. The other issue is CROWDS. This is a big event and you get massive numbers there, to the point either you leave as soon as you can in the mornig after riders meeting, or wait ~30 minutes. That hill climb video, that hill was soooo backed up, we ended up going around it as guys had it littered with bikes and bodies, so the club closed it off and sent people around. Trails are fantastic, but can be hard especially if it is wet. Lots of loose Shale rock on some of the trails.

Other issue is Lodging, there isn't much. If you camp, it is a large field by the river, where the event starts/stops from but expect crowds at the few restaurants and such in the little town of Hancock. If you are hotel kinda person, you better get to planning now! Everything in Hancock fills up quickly. We stayed almost 20 miles away.
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

SJ,

Assuming I can make this, are you thinking: take Todd's trailer and camp in it? It has worked in the past! :deal:

I'll bring a smaller bottle of Honey whiskey than the last time, promise. :peep:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Skinny-J wrote:
trialsrider wrote:I might be up for this. But I will need to get my leaking fork fixed and get in a warmup ride prior.

Maybe Shade or such.
Come ride the Barbed Wire Enduro with us on July 12th, I am pretty sure you will be "warmedup" afterwards; there's even one spot left in the truck for ya....

Thats a hike and think I have been roped into entertaining my wife co-workers on 11th over on the Eastern Shore.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Firebolter wrote:I've done Hancock, and I will explain it like this, it is an Enduro without checks. Serious single track,
You had me at hello.

Wingfixer, Phoo and I are all signed up. On-line registration closes 7/24 and SAVES you $30. Get in while the gettin is good! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Well, I was turning the knobbie around on the WR (Skinny-J influence) and broke a spoke. :wallbash: :censored: A new set of spokes is on order, it seems you can't buy just a few, so all should be well. IS IT TIME YET?!?!?!?! :whoop: :roost:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

I'll be there - Black Tacoma with a new (to me) TE310R in the back.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

jxs2151 wrote:I'll be there - Black Tacoma with a new (to me) TE310R in the back.
Nice! We will keep an eye out. We will also try to get the DAMN banner up so come by and have a beer. :cheers:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Marylander wrote:Are these sorts of rides (that is, local dualsports in general) doable with a tagged dirt bike, e.g., the kdx220 I just bought? If so I think I'll go to the effort of getting the thing tagged.
Big Bird has pounded many a mile on a KTM 200 so you would be fine.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Boom Boom wrote:
Marylander wrote:Are these sorts of rides (that is, local dualsports in general) doable with a tagged dirt bike, e.g., the kdx220 I just bought? If so I think I'll go to the effort of getting the thing tagged.
Big Bird has pounded many a mile on a KTM 200 so you would be fine.
Cool, I'm thinking I will go ahead and go through the effort of tagging the kdx. First I've got to swap out the stock piston as that's apparently a grenade just waiting to go off... If this bike could do double duty for dual sport runs and for use when I ride along with my daughter on her ttr125 I'll be real happy.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Im jealous guys. Hope you all have fun this coming weekend.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200