I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tomahawk MX

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Tomahawk MX

Post by Damage Inc. »

Has anyone been to Tomahawk MX? I've been taking my son to Breezewood for years and he loves it. But they have no woods trails. He's says he wants to try woods riding now that he has built his confidence on the MX tracks. He's 11 almost 12.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Tomahawk MX

Post by Marylander »

There's not much trail there but I suppose it would be ok as a diversion from the track riding for a little bit.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

My boy checked it out last fall & said there was a 4 wheeler trail that they didn't do all of because it was wide, boring, & too easy. Like a fire road. Might be ok for first time though.He said there was a single track that was unridden, overgrown & not passable.
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

How are the MX tracks? Its' a little closer to me than Breezewood...

Anyone from up around Deep Creek? We're heading up there for a long weekend early August. Until now he was not to interested in woods riding but he wants to try it with his new(to us) KTM 65SX. The place were we stay has some trails. They aren't too well maintained but OK. Lots of loose rock and roots, OK for me but not enough trail to keep you interested for more then a few hours.
'06 VTX1300r
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

There are lots of trails out near deep creek in kitzmiller, md. I can get you details if you like.
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Yes please.

Paid or hush hush....
'06 VTX1300r
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

The trails at Tomahawk are mostly quad trails are are quite extensive if you're willing to explore all the paths. They are rocky and some are slippery when wet. There's steep hills to climb. It's really a nice place to go. Anyone can ride the MX track cuz its not technical or "supercrossy." IMO its a great place to go for kids looking to get some new riding.

The MX track is beautiful and long and fun. The dirt is really nice as the owner constantly tills mulch into it. Even when it's raining there the dirt is great. Just be DAMN sure to bring bug spray as Tomahawk is infested with gnats. Youve been warned. :lol2:
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

How the camping van no hookup? level? fire pits etc..?

And thanks for all the replies..I'm trying to getup there in the next few weekends.
'06 VTX1300r
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

The link to the facebook page for the kitzmiller property, which is a legit place to ride and the State is even looking into buying it for OHV use is:
https://www.facebook.com/WolfDenClub

You may want to join the MD Off Highway Vehicle Alliance for more info - http://mdohvalliance.org/?page_id=103

List of other off road stuff here:
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f85/o ... nks-77682/
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Dunno what the TOMAHAWK rules are for campers but they or someone has campers at the site with hookups. So it seems it wouldn't be a "dumb question" if you called them to ask.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T