I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

GreenMarble/3 Springs Enduro, Aug 9th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: GreenMarble/3 Springs Enduro, Aug 9th

Post by Bucho »

Like others have said, GMER put on a great enduro. Its kinda cool that we start and finish the course in the middle of the town!
I finally got to meet Joe (gots a sol) in the flesh. He rides a very cool big bore 125. And obviously rides it well to win his class. Great job.

Always nice to ride with SkinnyJ. Though we didnt ride together so much as he would just pass me every section (he was on the row behind me). J is pretty modest, I believe he took second place in his class.

Sam and I car pooled together. We killed both a chicken and a deer with the car on the way there. It was an ominous sign that our day would be difficult.
Sam had mechanical troubles. He lost his front brakes in the first section. He hit a few trees and crashed at the bottom of some very steep descents. He soldiered on till he got a flat and finally called it a day. He finished almost the entire course.

Yes, for some crazy reason I decided to do this enduro on my old Suzuki DR650. In the first section I realized I would just need to take my time and just worry about not crashing.
As the day went on I was really starting to feel the extra weight of the bike. I managed not to crash till the second half of the day. Then it was a viscious cycle of being tired and crashing. Then having to deadlift a 650 and keep riding.
Though it is a great ponderous beast I had forgotten some of the benefits of a big aircooled thumper. It pretty much made every hill climb its beotch. I really started looking forward to every big hill. It was one of the few places where I could actually pass people. Guys would be struggling with their sweet light weight dirtbikes and I would just tractor past them with unstoppable 650 power.
I was pretty whupped by the end of the day but I finally made it to the finish line. I was pretty slow and behind time the day but I managed to beat at least a couple guys in my class.
Was a great event and good day.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

I had a blast working the checks and working the trail earlier. Thank to those who came out, both to work and to ride. Next year, I'm hoping to actually race it, so you better bring your C game.

A few of us were out there today pulling arrows and ribbons, and in the sake of thoroughness, we had to make sure we hadn't missed anything...
Man, I do love the trail out there.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Joe,

That's a good one of Bucho.

Where did you find the pic? I saw a couple guys with camera so I am wondering if they caught my cute face....

Thanks,
J
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

GreenMarble/3 Springs Enduro, Aug 9th

Post by trialsrider »

Skinny-J wrote: Joe,

That's a good one of Bucho.

Where did you find the pic? I saw a couple guys with camera so I am wondering if they caught my cute face....

Thanks,
J
Check this photo site link right above the picture of Phil. I found one of me on it also
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Looks like J&J made the cut, too. &J more than once.