I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Ride Friday, August 7. Shade Mtn.

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Ride Friday, August 7. Shade Mtn.

Post by juddspaintballs »

Anyone want to ride on Friday? I have a desire to do Shade Mtn again. It's just me so far, and if no one else wants to go, I'll find something else to do with my time.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Ride Friday, August 7. Shade Mtn.

Post by Marylander »

I don't know what shade mountain is but I'm already on leave friday so I'm a maybe. I would have to be home by 430.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Shade Mountain is the hardest of the Central PA mountain singletrack. I mean that. If you don't want it to be mostly punishing rocks, then I'd go to Sand Mountain, or the Seven Mountains areas and areas near the Poe Valley State Park instead.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I have a score to settle with Shade Mtn. I went through one of the two "experienced riders only" sections before having to bail out and go home, but it didn't seem any worse than several of the Tasker's Gap trails.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Looks like I'm good to go. Where to meet?
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Oops, I didn't notice this message. Looks good. How early could you get out there? Looks like about 2:15 drive time for me so I'd need to be done by about 2pm. I've got a new kenda equilibrium hybrid tire mounted and ready to go and some new footpegs that I need to get mounted this week.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

It looks like 2.5 hours from my house or from work, depending on where I'm coming from. More than likely I'm coming from home, but I would love to get hired for OT on Thursday (still hoping). If I'm coming from work, I can be there as early as 9:30 and from home as early as I need to be. I think a safe bet might be 10 AM to give us 4 hours of riding. That should be plenty of riding time.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Cool, 10 sounds good. Let's hope the dew point stays low (wow, in the low 60s yesterday and so far today). See you then.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Wife texted me a picture of my chain adjuster she found in the driveway today. I'm at work right now and have the bike with me. I hope to be able to assemble the rear axle and chain adjuster when I get home (hopefully) tomorrow. If I can't (possible stripped threads?), I won't be able to ride. I'll know more tomorrow and will keep you informed.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R