I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Rocky Mountains 2015

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Rocky Mountains 2015

Post by Boom Boom »

I just wanted to add that the trip is far more reasonable in cost per person than most think.
This year the PP cost was around $550. That does not include daily eats...just everyones share for gas / lodging for 5 days of riding.
If you figure the cost of your average dual sport ride plus gas to and from you can easily spend more than our daily average.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Yeah, considering the quality and amount of trail, you cannot beat a trip out west to Colorado. If you are willing to camp, you can cut that coast by 50% or more easily. The only bitch is the drive. Going out fun since you are amped up and excited. Coming back, SADNESS------
Lots of cool bikes---
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

Looks awesome. One day, I'm not going to over commit on everything else and spend a couple weeks out west.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

thetable wrote:Looks awesome. One day, I'm not going to over commit on everything else and spend a couple weeks out west.
An extended week is plenty.
My group rolled from Carlisle at 3pm friday afternoon and that timing had me missing all big city traffic issues and dropped us at Colorado Springs for Saturday 5-6 ish to catch a room and hook up with others that flew out.
5 days of riding cooked me, was not ready to go home but was done riding single track.
3 per vehicle works perfect, 3-4 hour shifts, one drive, one co-pilot and one sleep.....just keep filling the tank and rotating drivers.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Cool pics and ride report.

I really have to make one of these trips next time.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote:Cool pics and ride report.

I really have to make one of these trips next time.
Be sure to include yourself in the conversation with the rest of us during the ANF ride!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

We left at 0800 on Saturday and made the drive easy. No traffic issues at all. We rode for 5 days and spent our last day "vacationing" in town and hanging out. Cleaned up the gear and loaded up. Made for a much easier departure the following morning when we left to come home at 0730.

If you plan it far enough in advance, you can get a pretty good house for a good price if you split if atleast 4 ways. We had one night at Sargents and 6 nights at the house in Crested Butte and it cost 625 per person. Only other cost is food and fuel. Food was 80 bucks at the grocery store for breakfast and lunch items then another 150 for the dinners.

3941 miles driven, 202 gallons of diesel worked out to 165 each for fuel costs. So for 950.00, you can have 6 days of pristine riding, a nice house to stay in and good food plus pay for the fuel to drive to and from, not a bad vacation for under a grand.
Lots of cool bikes---