I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Granville's Western Md Camp & Ride 10/16-18 of 2015

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Granville's Western Md Camp & Ride 10/16-18 of 2015

Post by Bucho »

anotherguy wrote:Wasn't criticizing just curious. Been told from day one to stand most of the time.

I didnt take any offense. You are probably better off standing all/most of the time. I keep telling myself that some day Ill get a trials bike and force myself to stand.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Back in the '70s I did a couple Gary Baily MX schools. He would stand in the corner with a stick and whack your arm if you didn't have the elbows up. To this day when I feel my elbows down I look around for that stick. Same goes for standing. Don't get me wrong but I still run a seat but the only bike I use it on much is that sofa on my '80 YZ465. It seems like the bike works better that way. The CRF is a different story. Why sit on that torture device?
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I try to stand as much as possible. I find it easier to ride the tougher stuff while standing up. Since everything is still tough to me, I tend to stand most of the time until I get too tired to stand and have to sit for the easier parts.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R