I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade Mountain Monday, Sept 21

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Shade Mountain Monday, Sept 21

Post by Marylander »

juddspaintballs wrote:No worries. It's not an adventure without something going wrong.
Since selling most of my woodworking stuff last weekend I've been cleaning out the garage (so much space now). I just moved the kx back into the garage from the driveway and I noticed gas on the floor. There was gas coming out the overflow. So, maybe I've got a float issue or something. I hope to dig into it plus get the kdx top end taken care of this weekend... I just put a reminder on my phone to put in a leave request for the 21st. Worst case I can ride the ttr125. ;)
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Turns out the clip on the needle of the KX had somehow gotten bent out of shape and fallen off (first time I've had something like that happen in decades of riding). I pulled the needle out and there was no clip. Turned the carb upside down and it fell out. I went ahead and cleaned up the carb, checked the float level, finally installed the JD jet kit, and it seems to be ok now. I've got to make sure everything is good for sure with an actual ride test (at boyers farm if I can get there) but it seems I've got a bike ready for shade mountain. I started taking the kdx apart last night. Maybe I'll move a little faster and get the piston swapped out before this weekend.

I put in the leave request for the 21st...
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

:thumbup:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
ottoparts
DAMN n00b

Post by ottoparts »

Sorry guys, but it looks like both Jed and I are not going to make this trip.
Whoa, that was fun!
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

That works out. I just finished putting the KDX back together after replacing a piston for the first time (that is, first time I've ever done a top end). I think I'll go out to my brother's property and break it in and probably do some work on the KX too.