I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

ANF Dual Sport Itineary

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: ANF Dual Sport Itineary

Post by juddspaintballs »

I've heard!

I ordered a T63 front for this trip. It should go well with the Mountain Hybrid rear I don't mind eating up on asphalt.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Remind me to get your impression of that tire (the hybrid). My trigger finger has been itching to order one.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote:Remind me to get your impression of that tire (the hybrid). My trigger finger has been itching to order one.
You should check out the Kenda Equilibrium. I have read better things about it than the Mountain Hybrid. I am thinking of trying one if I can ever wear out my MT43; then again I love my MT43
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:Remind me to get your impression of that tire (the hybrid). My trigger finger has been itching to order one.
You should check out the Kenda Equilibrium. I have read better things about it than the Mountain Hybrid. I am thinking of trying one if I can ever wear out my MT43; then again I love my MT43
I know you do and I love how it hooks up, in a straight line. I like to turn too though....
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Skinny-J wrote:You should check out the Kenda Equilibrium. I have read better things about it than the Mountain Hybrid. I am thinking of trying one if I can ever wear out my MT43; then again I love my MT43
The equilibrium has been great for me so far in the stuff I ride most of the time (rocks). I suspect you could run it with no air in it and it would be fine and you'd have buttloads of traction. I have been running 5psi in it. If you're at boyers saturday I should be there working but with my kx250 with the equilibrium on it should be there too. I haven't tried the mountain hybrid but have heard some say the equilibrium has more cornering traction. It's cheaper too.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I tried the MotoZ and went back to the MT-43 for my Colorado run.
The MotoZ is huge as in it rubbed my exhaust. The side walls are stupid stiff so yes you could run it flat.
Made my bike ride ruff like a knob, MT-43 with 8-10 psi sucked up all the little stuff much better.
The MotoZ does have a rounded profile so it should work fine for a more dual sport application and has a massive amount of rubber to rear down so should last longer than the bike does. IMHO a 400+cc bike would be best for it, 650 heavy bikes would be perfect.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I have the motoz on my 165 and it is an ok general purpose tire. I wish they made this thing in a softer compound, as it sits now I'll probably swap it over to my 610 since it seems like it is going to last forever.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I don't really like the mountain hybrid on my 250 2t, which is why I took it off, but I don't mind trying it as a DS tire and burning it up on asphalt
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote:
Skinny-J wrote:
I know you do and I love how it hooks up, in a straight line. I like to turn too though....
Its called finesse grasshopper....
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote: Its called finesse grasshopper....
Have you met me? :lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.