I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Ride monday 10/12?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Ride monday 10/12?

Post by Marylander »

Anyone interested in getting out to ride monday? It's a holiday for me and I've got 2 bikes to test out (done a bunch of stuff to both of them lately). Maybe the cove or taskers?
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Ride monday 10/12?

Post by juddspaintballs »

Maybe. I'd prefer Tasker's over The Cove. I don't think I have anything going on.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

A buddy wanted to ride Monday to test out his bike (just had head rebuilt). I have a race this weekend so not sure how I'm going to feel on Monday :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I'm going to go ahead and be at taskers at 10 monday. Worst case if y'all can't make it I can at least break in the kdx on peters mill.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Looking like I'll be able to make it. Maybe I'll bring both bikes too so I can do a side by side comparison and see which one I like off-road better.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

If it was me I'd set the two bikes up in different ways. I'm doing that myself with my 2 bikes (of course their designs were pretty different from the factory). I'm not going to try to make the kdx faster, I even lowered it 1.625" with a koubalink that came with it. I'm not going to bother installing the fmf pipe until I smash the stocker. I'm letting more of the beast out of the kx now by putting the timing back to stock (had it retarded), putting a stock size throttle back on (had a slow throttle), etc. I might pull the flywheel weight off too. I need to swap the wheels so the kdx has the hybrid on it and the kx has a knobby...

WIth my 2 street bikes I've found I really appreciate the differences in the bikes (cbr1000rr and versys 650) and I enjoy each one more due to it. So I think it'll be cool to have the dirt bikes really different too.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I didn't feel like cleaning the carb on the 250 today, so I'll just throw the 450 on the trailer in the morning and head on down. It doesn't have the best off-road tires on it, but it'll do. See you at 10 in the ATV parking lot.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Cool, I'm loaded up. By ATV lot you mean the gravel/upper lot, right?
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

The answer is somewhat irrelevant at this point, but yes. :lol2:

Good day of riding. No broken bodies, no broken bikes. Lots of rocks and lots of overgrown trails, but it was worth the ride. The rest of you suckers missed out.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Yep, good riding today. :cheers: