I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

May 2016 DS trip in TN

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: May 2016 DS trip in TN

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'm working with a ADV member that lives down in Tellico Plains as well. He suggested a couple maps, threads on ADV, and is giving me pointers too.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Just keeping this one fresh in people's minds. I have the National Geographic map I'm working off of, and it looks like we can hit lots of questionable forest roads and even a couple trails down in that area pretty easily.

Who's up for tying in the Dragon run one of those days? It can be done, I just need to know if people are actually interested in it. I've done the thing a bunch, so I really don't care one way or the other.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

juddspaintballs wrote:Just keeping this one fresh in people's minds. I have the National Geographic map I'm working off of, and it looks like we can hit lots of questionable forest roads and even a couple trails down in that area pretty easily.

Who's up for tying in the Dragon run one of those days? It can be done, I just need to know if people are actually interested in it. I've done the thing a bunch, so I really don't care one way or the other.
May? Hmmm ... sidecar racing season doesn't start till June. Hmmmm ... The FZ would be a hoot on the Dragon. I might be.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

They are having the moonshiner DS event the 15th I believe.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

There was very little interest in this event and a couple people that were going had to bail. I had just gotten a new Wee-Strom and I wanted to tear up some twisties, so Gene and I took street bikes down to TN instead. We road some curvy roads fast, went on the Dragon, and then inadvertently found ourselves on the first 20 miles of the TAT. Our sense of adventure didn't stop us and we wound up doing 5 stream crossings. Stream crossing #2 was quite deep...nearly 2 feet. The entry into the water was a mud ledge with an abrupt drop off into a hole. We took the bags off of Gene's ST and eased it into the water, then he started it and rode it the 50 yards across. My Wee went in a little easier. We survived, enjoyed the ride, and dumped the water out of our boots at the end.

We both agreed that without our experience riding dirt bikes, we never would have attempted that "highway" before.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:cheers:
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Awesome guys!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Haha nice story. Sounds like you had a great ride.
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200