I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

May 2016 DS trip in TN

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

May 2016 DS trip in TN

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'm planning on going on a trip in May. My plan is to trailer my dual sport down to Tellico Plains, TN on May 11, ride as much dirt as possible on May 12, 13, 14, and then trailer back home on the 15th. I plan on staying at Hunt's Lodge, which has several very well setup cabins with heat/AC and covered bike parking as well as pretty nice shower/restroom facilities on site. They also have camping space and room for pop-up or RV's if that's your fancy. I am friendly with Jack and Lori Hunt who own the campground and I will use Jack's knowledge of the area to put together 3 great days of dual sport fun with as much dirt and gravel as possible. I might even slide in a trip down the Dragon just because it's so close.

Others are more than welcome to join, and even welcome to ride all the way there and back if you want. I've got room for my bike and 2 others on the trailer and as much room for 2 others to ride along as well as their riding gear. One of those spots may already be filled.

I'm gauging interest and throwing the idea out there. I plan on making the trip regardless (unless it conflicts with something else big like the DAMN Reunion Ride), but it would be fun to have a few attendees as well. I figure that weekend is after Mother's Day, before Memorial Day, and before most kiddos graduate or get out of school.

http://huntslodge.com/
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: May 2016 DS trip in TN

Post by Wingfixer »

:think: You have my attention.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

It would be cool to attend a trip that I did not have to plan for once.... then again planning fits my nature so it would probably make my ass twitch the whole time.... :dry:

Sounds like a fun trip; will keep it in mind when I start planning my 2016 schedule.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote:... it would probably make my ass twitch the whole time.... :dry:
careful ... you just excited the floral sheet crowd. :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I've seen his ass, it's not that cute, I mean he is called skinny J for a reason! :killingme:

I have ridden down that way and there is a ton of possibilities for sure. Motard on the Cherahola! Now that's some fun!
Lots of cool bikes---
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

:cheers:

I'll work out some better details in the near future. Sounds like a few people are interested in the trip.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote:I've seen his ass, it's not that cute, I mean he is called skinny J for a reason! :killingme:
TMI! :barf:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I'm starting to piece together some dirt roads and such. I think we can make a pretty good trip out of this.

Who wants to ride their DS bikes down the Dragon? I don't mind stitching that into one of the days, but I've been down the thing more than a dozen times on a bike so it doesn't matter to me if we skip it.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

I might be interested in this. Keep in mind that my birthday is the 12th so I would expect copious amounts of beer to be bought for me.
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

ADVrider has a good TelliconAdventure trails thread. They have Gps tracks listed on it.

Last year I went to march Moto madness and had a blast. Great riding and accommodations are really good.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!