I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Blind Enduro

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Blind Enduro

Post by Damage Inc. »

I haven't seen much on this years ride/race..Anyone going?
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Blind Enduro

Post by J&J »

Not really sure but I think I heard this won't be happening anymore because of the muddy mess in the field & on the road.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.... :shrug:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

J&J I think you are correct. Was told they were slapped with a big fine after the last event.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Mike, I believe your source is correct. I e-mailed my cousin who is a member of BCTR and this was his response:
"As far as I know their isn't one planned. If their is it will not be in the same location. After last years mud fest the county shut down all riding in that location. They had to seed and straw all trails in the woods and clean the road."

What bull shit. Yeah it was a mud fest, but it was the same mud that's been on the planet for 10 million years. IMHO thats nothin but over-reaching arrogant government nonsense to have the audacity to tell a private land owner this. But than again this is nothing new and we just accept it as legitimate.... :frustrated:
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

Skinny-J wrote:What bull shit. Yeah it was a mud fest, but it was the same mud that's been on the planet for 10 million years. IMHO thats nothin but over-reaching arrogant government nonsense to have the audacity to tell a private land owner this. But than again this is nothing new and we just accept it as legitimate.... :frustrated:
I have a feeling it was mostly about the stream that runs through the property.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

The mud on the road is what would have got the locals attention. Can you imagine how many calls the township would have taken from people getting some mud on the sunday go to church car by just driving the road.
If that was a farming activity they could have plowed the field and covered it in shit along with drag it all over the road and that would be off limits to do anything about.
Now if a recreation activity the guns come out blazing.
The ride supplied funding to a great cause, just a shame they didn't have a grass field to park in.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Boom Boom wrote:....., just a shame they didn't have a grass field to park in.
It was grass until it got wet :lol2:
Bruce