I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Taskers 11/8

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Taskers 11/8

Post by Bucho »

Just in case anyone wants to tag along.

Sunday morning Im meeting a buddy of mine at Taskers to ride. He is on newer side and we will be slow.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Taskers 11/8

Post by Skinny-J »

Phil,

Sorry I can't make it but be sure to take him UP 495.... :angel:

SJ
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Weather looks good for tomorrow.

I will certainly NOT take my noob pal down or up 495. However, I may have to take his sweet Beta for a test ride, (probably on the dreaded 495).
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I'll be out there at some point. I'm going to watch the motogp race with my family first. Too anxious about the outcome to wait until after. ;)
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

I think I am going to do the same. Moto GP then head out as soon as the race is over.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

okay guys, I'll be wearing my DAMN jersey. Hopefully see you out there.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

How'd yall get along today? We were slipping and sliding all over the DAMN place :screwy:

Here is my fail of the day. Ran up on another group of dirt bikes that were going a bit slower than we were. Unfortunately they were riding in the "clean" line so that left the "dirty" lines with the nice loose rocks hiding in the shadows/under the leaves. And what luck, the guy I was overtaking had a camera rolling :lol2:

I got some nice rash on my arm and will have a nice large bruise on my thigh here shortly.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Glad you and your group had fun Joe. There were lots of loose rocks and leaves everywhere.

My buddy and I had a good ride. He is still pretty slow and getting used to a new bike. He has a Beta Xtrainer that has finally got sorted out. I took it for a short ride up one of the rocky climbs to the top of the ridge off the Peters Mill Run side.
I couldnt get over how light the bike was and its front end. It really rewards standing on the pegs (an area of riding Im notoriously lazy in). It would really benefit from a stearing dampner. I liked the motor. Very torquey just about idle.

I kinda want one...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I was riding my 650 so I did not ride the crazy rocky 495 trail (besides my noob buddy was following me). But I while I was passing by the trail I stopped and spoke with some quad guys. Apparently an 800cc 4wd polaris couldnt make it. He said "after I used my winch three times in the first fifty feet, I gave up and turned back..."

For some reason that made me happy. Im a total jerk and a dirt bike snob.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote:For some reason that made me happy. Im a total jerk and a dirt bike snob.
That's too funny. ;)

The xtrainer caught my interest when I first saw the overviews of the bike (not unlike the shercos and ktms with similar missions) as I prefer gnarly to fast. Now that I've got the kdx they don't hold as much interest. I think it'd be interesting to compare the ancient kdx design with these modern versions.