I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Taskers - Sunday Jan 3rd

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Taskers - Sunday Jan 3rd

Post by Marylander »

Skinny-J wrote:I got the PR3. Its almost the same bike as the PR4 (same engine), it just has a lower seat height because of smaller tires. The PR4 also has a slightly different head tube angle. However, both/all come with an unrestricted MC MCO so, yes, they are very easily plated. My PR3 is even pre-wired for turn signals and brake lights.
I wonder if the different head tube angle is just to maintain the same geometry with the bigger front wheel. I already had some interest in these bikes when Joe (gotsasol) sent me some info on them but, after seeing yours, I'm even more interested. It'll have to be some time down the road though since I just bought the kdx and ttr over the summer and am thinking of getting a 'vintage' trials bike. While it's true you can never have too many bikes my wife doesn't necessarily see the wisdom in that notion. C'mon, I've only got 5 at the moment. ;)
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Also, Jay, I meant to apologize to your wife. I went to get my helmet to try out the PR3 and ended up getting pulled over by the guy there (who, as it turns out, was Larry Mace, former pro-MXer and current vintage guy). I don't have what you'd call the social skills ;) and I didn't want to be rude to him (besides that he was ripping through bunches of interesting information).
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Marylander wrote: I wonder if the different head tube angle is just to maintain the same geometry with the bigger front wheel.
Kirk,

My guess is the different head angle is exactly that. I looked at the specs and note that the PR4 (with the bigger wheels) has a 2 inch longer wheel base. So it makes sense that they pushed out the rake as I think its the same rear swingarm.
Marylander wrote:Also, Jay, I meant to apologize to your wife. I went to get my helmet to try out the PR3 and ended up getting pulled over by the guy there (who, as it turns out, was Larry Mace, former pro-MXer and current vintage guy). I don't have what you'd call the social skills ;) and I didn't want to be rude to him (besides that he was ripping through bunches of interesting information).
Forgetaboutit! She felt bad that you had to put up with her stalling on the hills so much; she thought you were the most gracious man ever so you could do no wrong!!