I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Taskers - Sunday Jan 3rd

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Taskers - Sunday Jan 3rd

Post by Marylander »

Nice ride today, thanks!

I bought gas but somehow never put it in the bike. I'm glad that didn't come back and bite me in the butt. I seem to be getting dumber as I get older. ;)
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

We had a great ride on the Tasker's rocks. For early January the weather was fantastic and the trails were not too wet (the early morning ice on the puddles was a good reminder of what's ahead of us with winter) It was good to meet Marylander; Kirk is truly a patient man to run sweep all day given the mild pace we were holding. Trialsrider, Marylander and myself did split off to run the ridge trail on the Peter's Mill side and that was nice to get a decent rock-fest under our belts before re-joining the group for the rest of the day. DaScrub motored right along on his big 500 Katoom and my wife and Sherco buddy both did excellent for their first time riding such a rocky area. I think the AJP is going to be a keeper as she definetly likes the light weight and size and even with the 19\18 inch tire size, she still rolled right through the rocks and didn't crash once. The bike needs some bar risers to help her stand and I am sure she would trade me in to get Rekluse to make an auto-clutch for it; but that's the downside of buying an "exotic", none is available and she is stuck with me....

SJ
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

Sorry my son and I didn't get a chance to ride with you guys. It was his first time back on his bike in a while and I was preoccupied with breaking mine in as well as I could. You guys looked like you were having a great time! Hey Kirk shoot me that info on Utah when you get a chance please.

Adam
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Skinny-J wrote:We had a great ride on the Tasker's rocks. For early January the weather was fantastic and the trails were not too wet (the early morning ice on the puddles was a good reminder of what's ahead of us with winter) It was good to meet Marylander; Kirk is truly a patient man to run sweep all day given the mild pace we were holding. Trialsrider, Marylander and myself did split off to run the ridge trail on the Peter's Mill side and that was nice to get a decent rock-fest under our belts before re-joining the group for the rest of the day. DaScrub motored right along on his big 500 Katoom and my wife and Sherco buddy both did excellent for their first time riding such a rocky area. I think the AJP is going to be a keeper as she definetly likes the light weight and size and even with the 19\18 inch tire size, she still rolled right through the rocks and didn't crash once. The bike needs some bar risers to help her stand and I am sure she would trade me in to get Rekluse to make an auto-clutch for it; but that's the downside of buying an "exotic", none is available and she is stuck with me....

SJ
AJP...I read 230 and assumed a Honda.
Interesting, I sure like seeing we have more options available for silly simple bikes for us common riders.
Glad to see things working out well.
EFM will make an auto clutch for the AJP, just need to mail them the basket to be modified or purchase a second basket to send off.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

The ajp looks neat for sure. I am a fan of the old Honda xr motors so having a 'copycat' sounds good to me.

No need for patience on my part. I've got an inner ear issue and believe that riding slow now and then helps a bunch with getting my balance up to normal levels... Riding sweep on a ride with new riders ensures that I'll do at least a little bit of practice.

PM sent Adam.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Those AJPs sound very interesting. Just sort of an "easy to ride" offroad bike that can still do serious offroad.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

Marylander wrote:
PM sent Adam.
Weird nothing came through.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

drtjumper wrote:Weird nothing came through.
D'oh, re-sent...
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

One of the pictures looks like there's a plate. Is the AJP PR4 (I assume that's the 230 you're referring to) plateable?

Glad you guys had a good ride.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

phoo wrote:One of the pictures looks like there's a plate. Is the AJP PR4 (I assume that's the 230 you're referring to) plateable?

Glad you guys had a good ride.

~Patrick
I got the PR3. Its almost the same bike as the PR4 (same engine), it just has a lower seat height because of smaller tires. The PR4 also has a slightly different head tube angle. However, both/all come with an unrestricted MC MCO so, yes, they are very easily plated. My PR3 is even pre-wired for turn signals and brake lights.