I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Peters Mill Run Wednesday 12/16

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
illenium
DAMN Wanabe

Peters Mill Run Wednesday 12/16

Post by illenium »

Hi Guys,

with the nice weather I'm thinking about one more 'adventure' this year and take out the silverback to Peters Mill Run. I'm thinking about leaving Glen Burnie MD in the late afternoon on Tuesday (got a Job Interview at 2pm) and setup camp at Little Fort Campground. Get up 7am, make coffee, leave tent and panniers behind (any concerns about stuff getting stolen there?) and ride Peters Mills Run, come back to camp around 3pm.

I have never been there so I'm not sure how long of a run it is, might be worth doing it 2-3 times.

Weather for Tuesday and Wednesday is supposed to be mild (upper 50ies, no rain) I'd head back to MD Wednesday afternoon :lurker:

Anyone interested?

Cheers Juergen (Jim Jack John...whatever is easier.. :D)
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Peters Mill Run Wednesday 12/16

Post by Bucho »

I could be up for this. I have a few things up in the air this week.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

It is a 6 mile run iirc each way and depending on your skill level can be ridden really fast. Its fairly rocky but very wide .
illenium
DAMN Wanabe

Post by illenium »

@Bucho - Sounds good, keep me in the loop if things line up

@drtjumper - Sweet, the wider the better for my Tenere :whip:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I might be up for Wednesday, but there's no way in heck I'm getting there at 7 AM. I'm fine with missing the ride, though, so don't plan it around me.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
rurumonster
DAMN Wanabe

Post by rurumonster »

Hi, I'm new here and don't post much, but thought I'd pipe up.

My buddies and I were just up there on Sunday and they've done some grooming. The big OHV trails 433 and 553 seemed much less rocky and were definitely faster than usual. Also, I might be out to lunch but it looks like they added a new trail connecting the 493 loop with 553. It's listed as 495 on their map online. The maps we picked up with our day passes didn't have the trail on it, but it's definitely on their website. It was a DAMN nightmare, way beyond my skill level. Gigantic rocks and at times only passable with help. Here's a pic. Image For comparison, this second pic is from another trail also listed as "most difficult" or whatever, and was far easier. Image
Husqvarna TE 300
KTM SMR
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

495 has been there for a long time, but was closed for a while. Definitely not a nice short cut :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
rurumonster
DAMN Wanabe

Post by rurumonster »

Yep, you're right, I just found Phil's ADVrider post from a while back when he was on it. It was ridiculous, I would really like to see someone skilled ride through it for tips.
Husqvarna TE 300
KTM SMR
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Just my opinion but I think you'd have more fun if you got a map with the forest roads on it and made yourself a loop rather than repeatedly running peters mill.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

WATR was on the Tasker's Gap side on Saturday grooming all of 493. Lots of the trails have grown over quite a bit, but they'll probably get cleaned up in the spring.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R