I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade Mountain

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Shade Mountain

Post by Boom Boom »

Took me a bit to figure out what trail that was. That is the middle trail and all that will soon be lost to the state timbering it. I had orders to let that log as a little challenge.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Boom Boom wrote:http://www.patrailriders.org/wp-content ... ailMap.pdf

Print out the map and take with you.
Not that complicated to get around and the trails have traffic now so easier to see.
The easier way to ride if to go clockwise starting from the left / north side of the parking area. This allows you to go down Michel (log slide trail) and also downhill on the areas they mark as expert.
I'm just sticking with the group. I'll print out a map but I'll only be able to look at it during longer stops as I can't see without my reading glasses on. I should get one of those chains you see older ladies wear to hang their glasses around their necks... ;)
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Marylander wrote:I'm pretty hyped to get out there saturday with folks who know where they're going (of course, no knock on anyone I've been out there with - I'm pretty directionally impaired myself). I wish I could stay for sunday too... If anyone else is gonna be out there saturday I should have my DAMN jersey on.
Hey Kirk,

Looks like WF and I have had a schedule change and will be there on Saturday now. We will keep an eye out for you and the R & T guys; hope to see ya.

J
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Skinny-J wrote:Hey Kirk,

Looks like WF and I have had a schedule change and will be there on Saturday now. We will keep an eye out for you and the R & T guys; hope to see ya.

J
Cool, per Joe W (who's setting things up for R&T): "Guys usually start arriving at 9am and try and get on the trail by 9:30-10."

Question, what is it about dirt bike riding that brings guys named Joe/Joseph in? I seem to know quite a few...
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Makes it easier to remember names :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Marylander wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:http://www.patrailriders.org/wp-content ... ailMap.pdf

Print out the map and take with you.
Not that complicated to get around and the trails have traffic now so easier to see.
The easier way to ride if to go clockwise starting from the left / north side of the parking area. This allows you to go down Michel (log slide trail) and also downhill on the areas they mark as expert.
I'm just sticking with the group. I'll print out a map but I'll only be able to look at it during longer stops as I can't see without my reading glasses on. I should get one of those chains you see older ladies wear to hang their glasses around their necks... ;)

Bifocal googles.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Yeah, I've seen the rx goggle inserts. I don't think they'd do the trick for me though as I couldn't wear my glasses and goggles at the same time before I had LASIK a couple years ago. One or the other or both would fog up. It's only been in the last 2 years that I've even worn goggles regularly (with dual pane lenses to avoid fogging).