I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

The Cove - Sunday Feb 14

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: The Cove - Sunday Jan 31

Post by gots_a_sol »

There is like a shed/porta potty thing up there. I've gotten back there in my jetta a few times and seen some very large enclosed trailers too.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Well it appears I'll not be riding. Upon checking the rules I see the need for a spark arrestor and I cannot find one for the DG pipe/silencer on the YZ. I'll keep looking. Bike's not loud but no SA.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Get a stainless steel sink strainer and install it.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

anotherguy wrote:Well it appears I'll not be riding. Upon checking the rules I see the need for a spark arrestor and I cannot find one for the DG pipe/silencer on the YZ. I'll keep looking. Bike's not loud but no SA.

Yeeeaaaa they aren't real big on enforcing rules there, just ask all the sxs people running around without helmets :screwy:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

It's got a full functioning exhaust w/silencer that's been repacked recently. Actually fairly quiet compared to my CRF450. Anyone ever had them look or ask about one?

I put out some feelers trying to find one but it's 36 years old and some parts are not easy to come across. So I guess I'm still a maybe. :shrug:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Prolly need to say it in the rues but....
they aint checking anything there
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

The most they have ever done when I go is walk up to the window of the truck and say "Ya goin' riding"... :shrug:

"No I just thought I'd bring the bike out for a walk".

They have never looked closely at any of my equipment. I'll just leave that right here.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Just realized this is for the 31st. I'm a firm maybe. I should be able to focus enough between now and then to have the kdx ready...
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

gots_a_sol wrote:
Yeeeaaaa they aren't real big on enforcing rules there, just ask all the sxs people running around without helmets :screwy:

Earlier this year I was there leading a couple new guys around. We were on the Red trail near the end of "the best part" (the narrower section thats not too rocky and is almost sandy in some spots). Anyway, it was the last little tougher hill and we all stopped for a second to take a break. We hear bikes coming and here come a guy and girl each on smaller honda bikes (like CRF100s or 150s), they have NO helmets or any protective gear at all. Both are in tshirts, shorts, and sneakers. They ride past us then stop at the top of the hill. The guy looks over at us.

him "Hey, do you know where the road is? Are we almost there?"

me "Not sure what road you mean, but its just trails that way. If you turn around and go back you are probably closer to a dirt road."

him "No, we came way. Its too rocky. We will keep going this way, it must be better"

me "So you guys aren't wearing helmets or any pads huh?"

him "No, we don't need them for just riding around."

by this point I do notice the his girl's knee is bloodied

me "that sounds smart..."

They rode off. I always wondered what happened to them.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Jay thinks I'm crazy but I think this will still work out. There will be a couple days of high 30's-low 40's temps before this weekend. The snow that fell was dry and powder (Even though there was 3' of it)..... Whatever, I gotta be out there in my truck anyway so the WR will be there regardless. Who's with me? :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.