I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

The Cove - Sunday Feb 14

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: The Cove - Sunday Feb 14

Post by gots_a_sol »

That's your buddy who picked that up last year, yeah? How is the EFI on it? I've read that the Synerject system it has reduces the engine braking and I've been trying to find out just how effective it actually is at doing that.

(I'm debating a new bike and thinking maybe 4 stroke, but I hate the engine braking that comes with it. Beta and Sherco both use the Synerject system, so that puts them at the top of the board)
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

gots_a_sol wrote:That's your buddy who picked that up last year, yeah? How is the EFI on it? I've read that the Synerject system it has reduces the engine braking and I've been trying to find out just how effective it actually is at doing that.

(I'm debating a new bike and thinking maybe 4 stroke, but I hate the engine braking that comes with it. Beta and Sherco both use the Synerject system, so that puts them at the top of the board)
Unfortunately I have not really ridden it enough to offer much insight on the engine braking. Jumping off my 450 an onto his 250, it immediately feels much lighter and more nimble but any engine braking that I would notice would mostly be due to the difference in engine size. I can tell you its a pretty mellow little 250 until you wick it up; but once it spools up it really comes alive.

Boom-Boom had the 300 version so I am sure he is much more knowledgable and will be along shortly....

SJ
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

gots_a_sol wrote:That's your buddy who picked that up last year, yeah? How is the EFI on it? I've read that the Synerject system it has reduces the engine braking and I've been trying to find out just how effective it actually is at doing that.

I don't have any official answer to your question other than the idle is kept pretty high and unless you wind up hard and chop throttle engine brake is nothing I noticed on the 300. The 450 does have more engine brake but not as much as most other 450 sized bikes.
They do fuel the engines well, no lean engine pop or over heating. Being a 300 smoker fan I was questioning me taking the 300 4-stroke out west but was totally impressed with everything but fuel range. I consumed about the same as the 300 smokers. But upon arriving I just touched the start button and it was spot on. I ran the hot ignition and power was about the same as at home in the mild setting. Never over heated on me once while many others looked like a steam engine.
The engine pulls about the same as a 250 smoker minus the power valve hit, just more grunt off the bottom.
Have to admit I missed the 2 stroke but not the hit. Giving a Beta Cross Trainer a go now. Best thing I could find as a blend between the Enduro and X-ride, time will tell.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr