I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Feb 18th at the Cove

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Feb 18th at the Cove

Post by Boom Boom »

Where are the action shots??? :dirtdog:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Sheesh! Let a guy get home before you start demanding photos!

We didn't take any :lol2:

Good day of riding. Gene hasn't ridden any dirt at all since we did the main loop and C options only at Michaux. He rode it on his DR650. Gene has never ridden a real dirt bike before today. We arrived around noon. It was just above freezing while we were there. We did the Green trail a couple times, and then Gene switched onto my 450 for the electric start and 4 stroke low end. We did the Green a couple more times. We went for the Orange trail and didn't make it up the first big (long) hill, so we cut off to the left and found the Orange trail again about 3/4 to the end. We then tried a few side trails that wound up going uphill and into a mess of downed trees every time. We went back to the Green and explored some of the camp roads/trails shooting off of it and found even more uphills with piles of trees stopping the trail. We did a little bit of the Blue trail until the deep ruts and holes became too difficult to dodge. They were full of water with a layer of about 1/2" of ice on top. You couldn't tell what was deep and what wasn't until you found out the hard way. Back to the Green trail a couple more times and then finished up for the day.

Nothing too exciting or major, but I still enjoyed riding and Gene got his butt whooped learning to ride a dirt bike in such crappy rocky/icy conditions.

All of the puddles were ice covered, but most of the ice would break under bike weight and allow you to power through. Some of the puddles did not thaw and left you with a skating rink. The majority of the snow is gone on the trails and what's left was slushy enough to ride on with no issue. I spent most of the day on my 2 stroke 250 so Gene didn't have to keep kicking it. I forgot how fun that thing is, although I still contend that the 450 is easier to ride.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nice, glad you got Gene out on a proper dirtbike. The DR is great but is a little tough in the harder stuff.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200