I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Greenbrier Enduro, March 13th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Re: Greenbrier Enduro, March 13th

Post by Glenduro »

Im pulling my trailer but the wifes comin with me on this one, if my parts get here in time :pray:
I might take the 650 and take it easy if the 450 isn't ready by then. Any thoughts on the terrain vs the BRP?
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'm starting to get excited for this one. HDB parts fitted and I've almost finished fitting my new/used IMS tank so I don't fun out of fuel either.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Glenduro wrote:Im pulling my trailer but the wifes comin with me on this one, if my parts get here in time :pray:
I might take the 650 and take it easy if the 450 isn't ready by then. Any thoughts on the terrain vs the BRP?
Its NJ so there is nothing that challenging in terms of the course itself. There might be a section of deep sand and there will most likely be some sections of big ass whoops and there will probably be some tight tree sections but if you are not worried about being competitive its nothing you couldn't do on a 650 if you just took your time. The big challenge is to just "endure", I think its an 80 mile course. Its really all just relative; would you have more fun on a 450 than a 650; absolutely. Than again my 450 is way too much for this so I will be on my 250. :shrug:

Does your wife ride or is she just coming to spectate? I ask because my wife is looking for other gals to ride with.

SJ
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Skinny-J wrote: Its NJ so there is nothing that challenging in terms of the course itself. There might be a section of deep sand and there will most likely be some sections of big ass whoops and there will probably be some tight tree sections but if you are not worried about being competitive its nothing you couldn't do on a 650 if you just took your time. The big challenge is to just "endure", I think its an 80 mile course. Its really all just relative; would you have more fun on a 450 than a 650; absolutely. Than again my 450 is way too much for this so I will be on my 250. :shrug:
SJ
Your XR650 is basically the same as my DR650 (yes, we can nitpick, but I'm looking at the big picture). They really are very capable bikes for offroad riding. The only real challenge is "enduring" as SJ mentioned. I rode a PA enduro last year on my 650 and once while waiting for my next section, I actually got off and just laid down on the ground to rest. 80 miles will be a long day, but really the NJ terrain I would think should be much easier all in all.
If its the only bike you have, then come out and have fun with it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Skinny-J wrote:
Glenduro wrote:Im pulling my trailer but the wifes comin with me on this one, if my parts get here in time :pray:
Its NJ so there is nothing that challenging in terms of the course itself. There might be a section of deep sand and there will most likely be some sections of big ass whoops and there will probably be some tight tree sections but if you are not worried about being competitive its nothing you couldn't do on a 650 if you just took your time. The big challenge is to just "endure", I think its an 80 mile course. Its really all just relative; would you have more fun on a 450 than a 650; absolutely. Than again my 450 is way too much for this so I will be on my 250. :shrug:

Does your wife ride or is she just coming to spectate? I ask because my wife is looking for other gals to ride with.

SJ
Hi SJ,

Thanks for the heads up on the terrain. Either way I'm coming out but it's good to know the 650 can make it. Might just be a DS ride for me. My wife comes out in support, I tried to get her to ride and she can ride a bike but enjoys riding on the back of mine more.

See you up there.

G
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Bucho wrote:
Skinny-J wrote: Its NJ so there is nothing that challenging in terms of the course itself. There might be a section of deep sand and there will most likely be some sections of big ass whoops and there will probably be some tight tree sections but if you are not worried about being competitive its nothing you couldn't do on a 650 if you just took your time. The big challenge is to just "endure", I think its an 80 mile course. Its really all just relative; would you have more fun on a 450 than a 650; absolutely. Than again my 450 is way too much for this so I will be on my 250. :shrug:
SJ
Your XR650 is basically the same as my DR650 (yes, we can nitpick, but I'm looking at the big picture). They really are very capable bikes for offroad riding. The only real challenge is "enduring" as SJ mentioned. I rode a PA enduro last year on my 650 and once while waiting for my next section, I actually got off and just laid down on the ground to rest. 80 miles will be a long day, but really the NJ terrain I would think should be much easier all in all.
If its the only bike you have, then come out and have fun with it.
Thanks Bucho. See ya up there.
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Glenduro wrote: Hi SJ,

Thanks for the heads up on the terrain. Either way I'm coming out but it's good to know the 650 can make it. Might just be a DS ride for me. My wife comes out in support, I tried to get her to ride and she can ride a bike but enjoys riding on the back of mine more.

See you up there.
G
I believe you said you already signed up but you might want to see if you can get moved to the last row if you ride your BRP or you are going to have a long day of pulling over again and again to let the fast little NJ sand-fleas fly by you. My Sherco buddy, Keith is coming and just treating it like a trail ride so you guys should get together on the same row and have someone to ride with. Just a suggestion....

SJ
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Skinny-J wrote:
Glenduro wrote: Hi SJ,

See you up there.
G
I believe you said you already signed up but you might want to see if you can get moved to the last row if you ride your BRP or you are going to have a long day of pulling over again and again to let the fast little NJ sand-fleas fly by you. My Sherco buddy, Keith is coming and just treating it like a trail ride so you guys should get together on the same row and have someone to ride with. Just a suggestion....

SJ
Thanks SJ,
Sounds great! I'll catch up with you guys on Saturday.
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Look for the JDAT (Jay's DAMN Adventure Trailer).
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Glenduro wrote:
Thanks SJ,
Sounds great! I'll catch up with you guys on Saturday.
Text me if you want- four-four-three -829 -three 6 four 7. We will be parked out in the open field as you first come in on your right. Probably get up there around 9 pm.
Wingfixer wrote:Look for the JDAT (Jay's DAMN Adventure Trailer).
Its a big gray enclosed v-nose being pulled by Wingfixer's X-tended cab dark charcoal chevy PU with a topper on back.