I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Greenbrier Enduro, March 13th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Greenbrier Enduro, March 13th

Post by Wingfixer »

Dude, it is sweet! Pulls good too.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I only took a couple pictures.

Here we are lined up for the start.

This us sometime later in the day. We pulled over trying to make sure we wouldnt burn the next check. I think SJ is putting some zipties on to secure a tailbag.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

It was a good day. Jed came up to Frederick to meet me after dinner on Sat night. Loaded up in the new van we headed east and stopped in Mount Airy to pick up J the Elder.
We rolled into the start area in Jersey around 2230. We found SJ, Patrick, Patrick, and new guy Kieth already there and hanging out in the JAT. After some manditory beverages and comradery we all got some sleep.

Next day started early and keytime was 0800. We signed up together for a late row and we got rows 117 and 118. So yes, we didnt start till almost 1000. This was the biggest race Id ever been to, I saw someone with a 130 row sticker. So probably close to 500 riders!

Anyway, we got going and started a great day. I hadnt ridden in NJ for several years and I got a very quick reminder of sand and whoops. I was in a good groove for the second section. It had a very TIGHT pine section (I enjoyed those, felt I could make up a little time there) and some of the little but steep NJ hill sections. It was fun.
The rest of the day starts to blur. With the majority of the trail getting whooped out it was starting to wear on me. I normally only stand "when I have to". And I pretty much had to almost all day. SJ and Phoo were the fast guys for our group and I generally just tried to keep a good pace but they were a few minutes ahead of me all day.
In the last section of the day I had a little mishap. Im sure getting tired played a big part in it and I was probably going a bit faster than my usual pace. I was heading down one of the steep little hills that had a slight turn. I think I might of tapped front brake too much, and maybe let my weight come to far forward. But however it happened I went over the bars and smashed through a few pine trees. The bike also went end over end but luckily I was able to break the bike's fall.
In a slight panick bc I was at the bottom of a very steep hill (and some guys were riding very fast) I crawled a few feet to the side and just lay there for a while. The next rider moved my bike for me and soon J came up on me. He and then Patrick stayed with me till I thought I could get up and back on the bike. There were a few more hills to ride and I was a little extra cautious going down them. Luckily it was only another 6 miles or so till the end. I rode slow but I made it.

Badly bruising (or cracking?) ribs is no fun but even so it was a great day and a fun enduro.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Sounds like a great day on the bikes.
Did you have rain all day?
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Was Skinny-J wearing his special jersey?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Bucho wrote: This us sometime later in the day. We pulled over trying to make sure we wouldnt burn the next check. I think SJ is putting some zipties on to secure a tailbag.

We still burned that check thanks to me. :frustrated: This was one of the trickier enduros I have done in terms of time keeping; I was early to 3 different checks which really hurt the score. The problem was the roll chart they handed out at sign-up didn't have elapsed time, just milage and average time. I did find the one we needed on their web-site this morning; but I sure don't remember seeing it the last time I looked on Friday. http://www.teamhammer.org/2016%20Stuff/ ... lchart.pdf

Still a great day in the woods with some fine DAMN riding buddies. NJ riding is definitely different than most of the riding that I do throughout the year so the couple times of year I make it over there is always a nice change. The trails are fast and flowy and the few little hills are fun and keep you on your toes. Hopefully the hill that bit Bucho stops the continued biting soon, sore ribs are not fun.

Looking forward to the Hammer Run in the fall...

SJ
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Boom Boom wrote:Sounds like a great day on the bikes.
Did you have rain all day?
No rain until the transfer section back to the parking lot at the end. Got wet but sill beat riding in the rain all day. Overall the trails were in great shape and traction was decent considering 400 bikes had been down the same trail before us....
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Kyler wrote:Was Skinny-J wearing his special jersey?
I loaned it out to my buddy Keith so we had a full complement of DAMN jerseys representing! All 7 of us were fitted-out; we almost looked like a for real club.... :dry:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Skinny-J wrote:
Kyler wrote:Was Skinny-J wearing his special jersey?
I loaned it out to my buddy Keith so we had a full complement of DAMN jerseys representing! All 7 of us were fitted-out; we almost looked like a for real club.... :dry:

It was kinda cool. We almost had two full rows of DAMN jerseys.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote:I loaned it out to my buddy Keith so we had a full complement of DAMN jerseys representing! All 7 of us were fitted-out; we almost looked like a for real club.... :dry:
sweet! we don't do bad for a non-club! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris