I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tasker's on Wed Mar 30

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Tasker's on Wed Mar 30

Post by Marylander »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they don't put them in the RRs either.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Does it really matter? I can bring some stainless screen and we can zip tie it on :lol2:

Does anyone object to changing the time to 0930 instead of 0900?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I think you will find they are not stamped USFS but do have a internal spark arrestor system. But as mentioned if a concern take some screen and hose clamp and wrap around the end of the pipe.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Most of the new dirt bikes DON'T come with a Sparky. My Berg was the same way. If it does have a Sparky, it has to have the USFS stamp/sticker on it, if it doesn't have that, then it does not have a Sparky. The FMF Q4 is a good can with a Sparky in it and they make them for almost all popular bikes and it is pretty quiet as well. If you go ride on public land or state/federal land, have one so you don't get a ticket. It is a small chance you'll get checked, but starting a fire on those dry trails with lots of dead fall would be a very bad thing!
Lots of cool bikes---
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Yeah, there's not one in there that I can see. It's pretty obvious on the other FMF cans that I've got. Jared expects the can to be in the shop early this week so I'm betting on it not being an issue.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Some good riding today. I'm pretty pleased with the xtrainer. It seems a lot easier to ride than the ole kx250. It will tractor along at low speed even in 4th gear (not intentional). I've got some adjustments to make but all in all looking good. No buyer's remorse. ;) A midwest mountain engineering clutch lever was waiting for me in the mail when I got home...

I did manage to take a tumble and now have a sore right knee. I'm going to have to wrap that up tight to run tonight.

Good meeting Gene, Dan, and Tom.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

What's Gene riding these days?
Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Gene is riding the TE510 that was for sale on here not that long ago.

Overall, a good day of riding. I was more than just a bit off today between no sleep last night, a touch of dehydration from last night, and sore muscles. I still had fun. Everyone rode out of the woods in one piece, bikes included. It was a good day. That Beta is pretty sweet, too.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

How did the rematch go vrs your favorite hill on the blue trail Kirk? Glad you like the Xtrainer. I could see one in my future.
Marylander wrote:Some good riding today. I'm pretty pleased with the xtrainer. It seems a lot easier to ride than the ole kx250. It will tractor along at low speed even in 4th gear (not intentional). I've got some adjustments to make but all in all looking good. No buyer's remorse. ;) A midwest mountain engineering clutch lever was waiting for me in the mail when I got home...

I did manage to take a tumble and now have a sore right knee. I'm going to have to wrap that up tight to run tonight.

Good meeting Gene, Dan, and Tom.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote:How did the rematch go vrs your favorite hill on the blue trail Kirk? Glad you like the Xtrainer. I could see one in my future.
We were at taskers not gore. :) Also, I've got to do the rematch on the kx (I did switch to the mellowest cam on the throttle so it's not just on/off). I'll have to put both bikes on the trailer next time out there.