I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2016 Michaux Dual Sport; Sunday August 21, 2016 rain or shine

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Re: 2016 Michaux Dual Sport; Sunday August 21, 2016 rain or shine

Post by trialsrider »

Boom Boom wrote:Don't see dust being a problem this year
Yes, but a lighting rod may be required. :frustrated:
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'm not particularly looking forward to rain/mud
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Boom Boom wrote:Don't see dust being a problem this year
:lol2: The WR needs a bath anyway.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Good ride. It rained off and on, but didn't get very muddy at all. Weather was about as good as it gets.

I rode a lot like a guy who normally isn't very good and hasn't ridden in 3 months. I was back in the groove of things by lunch time. I chose to eat early ice cream rather than going for the afternoon portion. My wrist didn't seem to be a hindrance or very painful except for that time I accidentally smacked it on the mirror while dismounting the bike.

Lots of DAMN riders there. We congregated around lunch and ice cream.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

juddspaintballs wrote:Good ride. It rained off and on, but didn't get very muddy at all. Weather was about as good as it gets.
+1

Michaux is always a good time. The options were a hoot; I tip my hat to J & J for riding the big 650's through all of them. I would do this every weekend if I could...

SJ
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Glad it wasnt too wet. Hope I can make it next year.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

OFG REALLY enjoyed it! Rode the AM with the big group - Skinny-J, Wingfixer, Trialsrider and J&J and got to watch Winfixer's WR 450 rear HOPPING around! :loveit: He got so slim and trim that the rear suspension was too stiff in the rocks!

We were a little late by lunch due to doing all the options and having a couple of minor mechanicals, etc. I headed for my trailer to gas up the 200 XCW, then joined the crew for a LEISURLY lunch. By the end of the looong lunch break it was just me and the 2 "love birds". Then I learned that they had to head home due to some schedule issues. I apparently missed this info while gassing up.

So I headed out all alone. :boohoo: The good news was that, I had been a little bummed that the REALLY rocky options seemed to be a little scarce in the AM ride - BUT they made up for it in the PM! :jack: The first PM option was the one Bucho lost his chain in last year and there were 3 more PM options - one of which was almost as good as the "lost chain" one! Actually the LAST B Option looked like it had only been ridden by a very few folks? I'm guessing many of those that did the "lost chain" option shortly before it decided they had seen enough B options for the day? :shrug:

Amazingly - the 200 still likes to EAT Rocks even with an old "sit down" pilot - and unlike 3 Springs last week, the OFG wasn't even tired at the end! This is a MUST DO event for all that can.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike