I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Midweek cove ride Wed, Thu, or Fri next week (week of 5/9)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Midweek cove ride Wed, Thu, or Fri next week (week of 5/9)

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote:
Marylander wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:You where there, fucker! The DRz fender will fit, sorta..two of the four bolts anyway. It'll work in a pinch but I'm hoping the replacement will be here before Mountain Ridge. Mud in the face is not optimal.
Ah, I've heard that the plastic is brittle...
Brittle? I TAPPED a tree, TAPPED it i tell ya, BAM - red confetti! The Jays and I held a moment of silence the next time we ran that loop.
That thing looked like it exploded close to the speed of light; I think it atomized at the molecular level....

If you don't get your replacement by Friday, you are welcome to try one of my spare Yami fenders to see if the bolt pattern is any closer.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Mental note: don't run into anything while riding the beta...
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr »

Wingfixer wrote:
Marylander wrote:
Wingfixer wrote:You where there, fucker! The DRz fender will fit, sorta..two of the four bolts anyway. It'll work in a pinch but I'm hoping the replacement will be here before Mountain Ridge. Mud in the face is not optimal.
Ah, I've heard that the plastic is brittle...
Brittle? I TAPPED a tree, TAPPED it i tell ya, BAM - red confetti! The Jays and I held a moment of silence the next time we ran that loop.
So they're running the same crap plastic on the enduro bikes as the trials bikes :dirtdog:

I've broken 4 front fenders on my Evo's, finally gave up and bought a Gas Gas fender for the white bike, there will be a red one in my near future I'm sure...
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I sourced some after market plastic from a company called AOMC. I have a set of their rad shrouds on it, one cracked but after a pretty good hit. I'm not sure of they are still Beta parts of something else (Acerbi?). I'll let you know how well the fender holds up...
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

The xt survived today in spite of me throwing it down many, many times. I didn't get an instant fix for my poor hill climbing skills just by buying a different bike. I kept trying the same hill over and over again until exhaustion. ;) Sam was patient with many attempts... I put several dents in the expansion chamber, more than I'd previously put in on a single ride.

I also had the bike straight up in the air 4 or 5 times during the day. In some situations where the kx would spin the rear the xt has traction. I'm a slow learner but I'll eventually get used to the bike and stop doing things like that.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

PICS OR IT...still happened but we can't point and :lol2:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Marylander wrote:I didn't get an instant fix for my poor hill climbing skills just by buying a different bike. I kept trying the same hill over and over again until exhaustion. ;)

The hill on that side trail off of the blue one at the rock wall/hill area? That turn at the bottom makes it so much harder :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

juddspaintballs wrote:PICS OR IT...still happened but we can't point and :lol2:
I could take pics of me moving around like an old man today after picking the bike up maybe a couple dozen times yesterday. ;)
gots_a_sol wrote:The hill on that side trail off of the blue one at the rock wall/hill area? That turn at the bottom makes it so much harder :lol2:
Not exactly that part of the hill, this spot is in between where you, Mike, and I were going and the original rock wall/hill area. I suspect you would get to the top of this section. Also, Sam rode my xtrainer to the top. So, I know I'm the problem. ;) I had the exact same issue I had with the big hill at boyers (bouncing off the side of the trail).

I should come get that tire out of your way. I might put it on for the ride this weekend...
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Also, there were 2 jeep cherokees abandoned/stuck in the muddy valley... One, which looked to have street tires, was sideways with the wheels stuck in ruts.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

There were 2 off road events this month, so not surprising.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0