I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

5/25 Taskers

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

5/25 Taskers

Post by Bucho »

The DAMN reunion weekend just didn't work out for me. I haven't ridden since Grandville's and I need a fix.

This Wed at Taskers Gap. I'm going and I think I have another guy or two who will be there. I thought I'd throw something up incase the other guys w/ midweek flexibility could tag along too.

For those who have never been, it is land managed by the State of Virginia and you need a $5 daily permit. They can be bought at most places in the area. I always stop at the (Shell?) gas station right off the highway and buy one. How does meeting at the Shell gas station right off the highway at 0900 sound?

I'd love to try the dreaded 495 trail, and there are a few other trails I've never ridden there I'd like to check out. The weather actually looks good that day, so come out and ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: 5/25 Taskers

Post by Marylander »

Shoot, I wish I could but taking a day off 2 weeks in a row during a busy time just isn't happening. :(
rurumonster
DAMN Wanabe

Post by rurumonster »

I'm in, but I'll wait for you on the other side of 495.
Husqvarna TE 300
KTM SMR
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

All had a fun day out at Taskers. We got an early start and by early afternoon the group was feeling the extra helping of rocks. We didn't do the dreaded 495 trail but we did all the other good rocky (extra rocky?) trails and sections. Including a few of the smaller new trails I've never actually ridden before. Good fun!

Relative new guy Rurumonster and his buddy Mark each rode a great day. However, I heard that they may have taken a few dirt naps and "punched a rock or two".
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

This is the side trail that leads up to the ridge trail that parallels the easy Peter's Mill Run jeep trail. This in on the far end, the lower part leading up to this has gotten harder I think. I wouldn't really call it a hill climb, but its a long uphill section with lots of loose softball size rocks. Everybody in the group made it on their own. I started to walk back down to help, but it wasn't needed. So I just took a few pics of guy coming up the last 20 yards or so before the top.

My work buddy Andrew

Adam, or rurumonster on his sweet Husky 500

Mark on an orange 500.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Adam had just been homesick before this ride. He might be dying slightly at the end of that rough section.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

It has been about a year since I've had my KTM running. First ride on it since last May or so when tranny got stuck in first gear. All gears work and it runs good!
I also brought my borrowed Beta Crosstrainer for just a short ride. My Army buddy just came back stateside so it will probably be going home soon unless I can come up with the money to buy it from him. ( I would if I could, believe me)

But this is the first time I tried to fit 3 bikes in the back. It worked pretty well, and I still have the hitch carrier too.

I can't say this strongly enough. VANS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!

Unless you use the bed of your truck to haul gravel, mulch, or manure, (then keep your lame truck). But van's kickazz at hauling bikes, camping/sleeping in the back, I moved a buddy's whole apartment in the rain last week. They fracking rule!

I keeping thinking about a full van paint job. Crazy 70's fantasy naked sword wielding Valkyrie, or full on black/red A-Team treatment, or maybe just some huge magnets done up w/ DAMN banner and/or KTM/Beta/Suzuki...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

"FREE CANDY" would be best.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Yeah, I keep looking at these modern vans with their decent fuel economy and all that utility. I think my next bike hauler will be a van. It's going to be awhile though as I just replaced the timing belt and ac compressor on my little Kia (which gets terrible mileage in spite of being little).

I wish I was out there yesterday. I've gotten rained on pretty much every ride (I ride a bike to work) for a month. A hot but dry day would've been a nice change.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

that long loose uphill to the ridge is deceptively challenging, but fun.

i do like your van. it's very useful.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R