I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mountain Ridge on the 8th.

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Mountain Ridge on the 8th.

Post by Bucho »

Spooled-up wrote:

Are some of you guys down on KTM's just because everyone has them? I'm starting to drink the Orange cool aid.
Im not down on KTM. There is a GOOD reason people drink the orange koolaid. As Jed said it is nice that they have a pretty big dealernetwork and bc so many people have them you can find lots of used ones.
Lots of us have KTMs, but we are getting some others too. A couple of us have relatively new Betas, Shercos, Huskys, etc...
Honestly, Im still a big fan of the Jap bikes and wish they would step up their game in the offroad (non-mx) world. The number one reaon I went euro in the first place was so it would be easier to get a tag for a two stroke.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

1980 YZ465. Had it for decades. In fact Jay of J&J watched me the first time I ever rode it before the other J was born. Pulls clean from the basement and will climb anything I've put in front of it so far. Wonderful bike but not for the timid 'cause 'tis a beast. Doesn't turn well using the handlebars yer best off using the loud switch to make it turn.

My CRF is more capable than you'd think. The 2003 was a torque monster in response to complaints the '02 was too peaky. It's hampered by a tall first gear but as set up pulls hard from just off idle to 10K rpm. As with any off roading momentum is the key. I'm trying to find the guys who make a close ratio gearset for it. That should finish the deal. Can't see buying new when what I have works so well. I've put enough seat time on both of them that I know intuitively what the response will be when I ask for something. Much to be said for familiarity. I'm a pretty aggressive rider and big bore 'crossers suit me well.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

The MX bikes are certainly capable. Its been a few years since Ive been to a harescramble but it seemed like the vast majority of racers were on MX bikes. I do believe they do better with a faster and more aggressive rider at the helm.

Its kinda like guys who run the trials type rear tire on their enduro bikes. Some guys absolutely love them and some guys think they suck. Alot has to do with riding style.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Bucho wrote: A lot has to do with riding style.
:deal:

And ability. I've seen guys run 650Ls around MR with ease.
Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

My riding style dictates training wheels
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

You and Kyler oughta hit it off well. He puts extra wheels on everything. :killingme:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Yeah, but his bikes only run when it's 75 degrees or warmer
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R