I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mountain Ridge on the 8th.

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Mountain Ridge on the 8th.

Post by juddspaintballs »

Sounds like you guys had a good time and no trench encounters. Maybe I can make it to the next one.

I put the forks back on my dirt bike today. I've been riding to work. I have some strength training to do yet in my hand, but I'm getting there. I'm going to try to convince the orthopedist on Monday that I can go back to work as early as August 1st. I'm going to send in my Michaux registration this week. I'm feeling pretty good about getting back on the horse.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Spooled-up
DAMN n00b

Post by Spooled-up »

Even though I had the wrong tool for the job, I still had a great time and it was good to meet you guys. I look forward to riding with you again sometime soon either on a highly modified version of what I brought or on an entirely new (probably orange) bike. Riding Pats WR with the Rekluse was my first time on an auto clutch bike. It was awesome!

-Dave
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

juddspaintballs wrote:Sounds like you guys had a good time and no trench encounters. Maybe I can make it to the next one.

I put the forks back on my dirt bike today. I've been riding to work. I have some strength training to do yet in my hand, but I'm getting there. I'm going to try to convince the orthopedist on Monday that I can go back to work as early as August 1st. I'm going to send in my Michaux registration this week. I'm feeling pretty good about getting back on the horse.
Cool man, that's good to hear. I know from experience that it's easy to overdo that kind of strength training (I nearly gave myself tendinitis a few years back).
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Spooled-up wrote:Even though I had the wrong tool for the job, I still had a great time and it was good to meet you guys. I look forward to riding with you again sometime soon either on a highly modified version of what I brought or on an entirely new (probably orange) bike. Riding Pats WR with the Rekluse was my first time on an auto clutch bike. It was awesome!

-Dave

What was the wrong tool?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Spooled-up
DAMN n00b

Post by Spooled-up »

CRF450R. Stock suspension, Original rear tire that should have been changed, and stock gearing. I learned my lesson and I've logged a couple hours on the KTM website.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Spooled-up wrote: I learned my lesson and I've logged a couple hours on the KTM website.

Boooo.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

gots_a_sol wrote:
Spooled-up wrote: I learned my lesson and I've logged a couple hours on the KTM website.

Boooo.
Agreed! But, you know what they say...you can always tell a pilot.. .you just can tell him much! :lol2:

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week! Try the veal.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Spooled-up wrote:CRF450R. Stock suspension, Original rear tire that should have been changed, and stock gearing. I learned my lesson and I've logged a couple hours on the KTM website.
Ahhh, a motocross bike. That makes sense. I had a YZ250f years ago and sold it bc I didnt like it on the trails.
KTMs are great. I cant say anything bad about my old 300exc, but give the other euro bikes a fair shake. They are all pretty nice. Especially if you want a smoker.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Wingfixer wrote:
gots_a_sol wrote:

Boooo.
Agreed! But, you know what they say...you can always tell a pilot.. .you just can tell him much! :lol2:

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week! Try the veal.
You could buy a Beta thats close to Booo :flip:

Just kidding :killingme: Don't get worked up Winged man
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Spooled-up wrote:CRF450R. Stock suspension, Original rear tire that should have been changed, and stock gearing. I learned my lesson and I've logged a couple hours on the KTM website.
We've ridden CRF250R's for a few years. They can be made to work pretty well but the list is long. We switched the gearing from 13-50 to 12-48 on my sons & I ran 12-49. 13oz over trailtech flywheel weight, they make a heavier one & don't think the heaviest one you can find would hurt a 450. We didn't notice it slowing the bike down any just smoother & less prone to stalling. Suspension revalve, but try backing the compression clickers off to soften the ride in the meantime. Also barkbusters, radiator guards, skidplate, & kickstand but you need these on any bike.

I took that route on the 250's because of the cost, you can improve a little at a time.
If you do all that to your 450 it will get much better but not as good as a new "woods" bike.

If your looking at new bikes & you're fairly new to woods riding smaller is waaay better... easier to ride. A 450 wears me out at the thought of holding on.... My boy can rip on his 250 but he's 16. I've moved on to a XCF-W 250. Was looking at the XCF-W350 but got a smoking deal on a leftover 2014. The 250 is so smooth, plenty fast & the e-start is sweet.

Just my 2 cents