I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2016 Shenandoah 500 Oct 1/2 2016

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

2016 Shenandoah 500 Oct 1/2 2016

Post by Rut Row »

Registration for the Shenandoah 500 will open on or about August 13th. We will post a link to the registration site when we get it.

The preferred place to post question about the event is the WATR Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/WashingtonAreaTrailRiders

If you don't do Facebook just email your questions to: events@watr.us

This is an approved DAMN Rider event! :whip:

official page here -> https://watr.us/shenandoah-500/
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: 2016 Shenandoah 500

Post by Wingfixer »

I plan on making it this year! A little birdie told me Skinny-J and SWIMBO will be there too. Should be a pretty DAMN good DAMN turnout! You comin' Kyler? :hi5:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:I plan on making it this year! A little birdie told me Skinny-J and SWIMBO will be there too. Should be a pretty DAMN good DAMN turnout! You comin' Kyler? :hi5:
The Barber Vintage Festival is the weekend after that. Not sure yet I can do both.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 2016 Shenandoah 500 Oct 1/2 2016

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'm not sure how much involvement I'll be having with it. Saturday I'm sure I'll be working overtime and I'm not sure I want to schlep down there after a 48 Sunday morning on my only day off before turning to work on Monday.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I've been at least 5 times to this event and have always had a good time. However, between having to take leave that weekend and a general lack of money I think I'm out this year.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Wingfixer wrote:I plan on making it this year! A little birdie told me Skinny-J and SWIMBO will be there too. Should be a pretty DAMN good DAMN turnout! You comin' Kyler? :hi5:
What bikes? Six fiddys?
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Well, tentatively. We have to see how Michaux goes first. She may have enough of me yelling at her to go faster and I may have had enough of her going slow.... :peep: :hug:
Last edited by Skinny-J on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

J&J wrote: What bikes? Six fiddys?
The 650's are perfect for this ride. There is nothing hard about it. Its been quite a few years since I have been (I mentioned there's nothing hard about it right) but even the one option they have at the end of the second day is doable on a 650 if you man up. We used to ride the 650's there from Baltimore and do the whole weekend; but that's is alot of time and work when you throw in the camping. Its mostly just a nice cruise on some easy jeep roads in the GW forest and through the beautiful VA country side. The campground is very nice, the lunches are good, the locals are great and WATR does a good job.

:thumbup:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

J&J wrote: What bikes? Six fiddys?
Skinny already answered but yes, I'll be on my "big" bike, the mighty DRz!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Hey guys - it's been a while since I posted on here but was thinking I might try this even on my fat dirt bike and wanted to get some local knowledge about the difficulty of the ride. I've been riding my R1200GS like an enduro up in the trail system near State College and over in Marienville PA in the Allegheny. Given that experience, is this more or less of a challenge? Are there any gnarly rock gardens or difficult steps that would hard for a bikapotomus or is this a big bike friendly kind of affair?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain