I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

R & T Charity Ride @ Boyer Farm 9/10 -11

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: R & T Charity Ride @ Boyer Farm 9/10 -11

Post by BigBird »

drtjumper wrote:
Marylander wrote:What's the AA hill like? More of the same like the A hill?
From what I remember seeing, super steep, narrow, rooty, and has some turns in it. In other words there is a slim chance in hell I might make it but I at least want to give it a go.
I'm guessing you're talking about the one about 3/4 through the A or B loop that you approach by going down hill into a small ~ 1 ft. deep 6 ft. wide gully/creek then slightly left pretty straight up hill. (IF you don't do the big climb there is an off camber trail up to the right that then turns back down to the gully/creek bed.

IF so I've watched many try it and some make it. About ~80% of the way up I think there is a tree on the right that has some roots and/or rocks to its left that often get's folks stopped or out of shape and I think after that it isn't too bad.

One time I watched a guy make about 10 tries at it (wet day) and get knocked sort of sideways at the 80% point - BUT he would just plant a foot, pivot and return to the bottom and IMMEDIATELY make another try with apparently very little effort!
I think he and/or one of his buddies eventually made it clean.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

BigBird wrote:
drtjumper wrote:
Marylander wrote:What's the AA hill like? More of the same like the A hill?
From what I remember seeing, super steep, narrow, rooty, and has some turns in it. In other words there is a slim chance in hell I might make it but I at least want to give it a go.
I'm guessing you're talking about the one about 3/4 through the A or B loop that you approach by going down hill into a small ~ 1 ft. deep 6 ft. wide gully/creek then slightly left pretty straight up hill. (IF you don't do the big climb there is an off camber trail up to the right that then turns back down to the gully/creek bed.

IF so I've watched many try it and some make it. About ~80% of the way up I think there is a tree on the right that has some roots and/or rocks to its left that often get's folks stopped or out of shape and I think after that it isn't too bad.

One time I watched a guy make about 10 tries at it (wet day) and get knocked sort of sideways at the 80% point - BUT he would just plant a foot, pivot and return to the bottom and IMMEDIATELY make another try with apparently very little effort!
I think he and/or one of his buddies eventually made it clean.
Yep thats the one. Im sure im going to make a fool of myself however i have to try.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Heh, I'm willing to give it a try too. ;) Of course, once I get through the trials school in september I'll just be riding up and over anything that comes along so this may be my last opportunity to experience a challenge while riding. Yeah, that's it!
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

dirtygrunt wrote:I've never done this one...what's the format? Just ride a have fun?
How would a DRZ400 do?

Do most folks show up Saturday? Is there "hard" start time?
They have several loops, from very easy to DAMN near impossible. You start when you want and stop when you want, its all for fun. The DRz would be fine on all but the A and up loops, depending on how much you hate yourself you could attempt the A loops with it as well. I went last year and had a ball! As of now I'm scheduled to work that weekend but I'm trying to change my schedule.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'm working again this year. I've already taken too much leave for other endeavors.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Wingfixer wrote:
dirtygrunt wrote:I've never done this one...what's the format? Just ride a have fun?
How would a DRZ400 do?

Do most folks show up Saturday? Is there "hard" start time?
They have several loops, from very easy to DAMN near impossible. You start when you want and stop when you want, its all for fun. The DRz would be fine on all but the A and up loops, depending on how much you hate yourself you could attempt the A loops with it as well. I went last year and had a ball! As of now I'm scheduled to work that weekend but I'm trying to change my schedule.
Thx WF. I'd be on the Freeride, Jr Flip would be on DRZ.
Bruce
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

I know i will be going up sat. night after work with maybe with a few buddies and riding on Sunday. Maybe sat if I can get out there before dark for a late evening lap!

Hope to see everyone there!
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Well Saturday is shot. We had a guy quit and I need to work. But Sunday is a go and I'll be riding the '80 YZ465. Should be a blast. Says sign up begins at 8AM. What time and where can I meet up with you nutcases?
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

In, but looks like the kx125 gets to be flogged again after this weekend's mishap.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

After seeing the last video it seems up to the task. Don't feel bad I'll be riding a drum braked antique oil burner.