I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

R & T Charity Ride @ Boyer Farm 9/10 -11

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: R & T Charity Ride @ Boyer Farm 9/10 -11

Post by gots_a_sol »

This weekend :D

I got a new kick start shaft for the Husky MUCH quicker than I was expecting, so it is good to go again. Which is good because I wanted to tweak the carb a bit as it felt a little off at the last race.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Work is killing my spare time. Not going to make it tomorrow.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Trails are in good condition. They got a little rain last night that made for some amazing dirt today. The start of the loop is pretty dusty now, but once you get onto the B loop it is fine.

I crushed the A loop making it up that first hill without even putting a foot down. There are some more hills after that but they didn't seem to be any harder.

There doesn't seem to be as many folks here as last year. The highest number I saw was in the 130's. Hope to see more tomorrow.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Thanks for the report Joe, I am really bummed that I couldn't make it this year. As I read your recap I could vividly picture each section; its almost like I cleaned it myself... almost.

Enjoy tomorrow.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Looked like a ghost town today (compared to previous years) as I guess a lot of folks were at the GNCC, Michaux, or VCHSS events.

Trails were getting very dusty, especially the first bit where all the loops run together. The B loop was better and the A loop was still just about perfect, mostly because nobody was out that way. My buddy missed a turn out on the A loop and I waited/back tracked/waited for like 30 mins for him and never even heard another bike out there.

I did about 60 miles in total both days. I would have done more but my hands weren't doing what they were being commanded to do any more :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I'm glad y'all were able to get out as it's definitely for a good cause. I couldn't get out myself but at least I managed to get a couple bikes cleaned up. I should sell the kdx or kx...

Take care of those hands while you're young Joe or you could end up like me (besides abusing them when I was younger now it seems I've got arthritis coming on, dang it).
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

All Members: The 7th Annual R&T Charity Trail Ride was a huge success! We had a record turn-out of 198 riders and did very well on the donations. The weather conditions were great all weekend (albeit a little dusty), and everyone had a great time. The event was very well organized and we had very high marks from all our partiipants. We'll have several photos and lots of stories from the event in the fall newsletter later this month.

On behalf of our Club and the Ride for Kids Organization, many thanks to all our members who helped out this weekend, and last weekend preparing the course. Several of our members put in outstanding efforts all weekend, and it's greatly appreciated by all.

Special thanks go out to Mark Wilkinson, Dale Doty, Linas Zubkus, Pete Tsakanikas, and Brian Boyer for their course work, Chuck Marler and Mike Pierce for their work on the Time Match, Bob Parrenti who had the gate all weekend, Cindy and Barbara at sign-up, Mark Poling and Joe Winovich for the club dinner, Mark Ammons for his work and generous donations, Jim Greene for marshaling the course, and so many more for your efforts and donations. Also a mention of our event sponsors and contributors, Ride On Moto, JT Motorsports, Moose Racing, Cyclemax, and a generous package arranged by Jeff Nelson from Pivot Works and Wrench Rabbit. We had great trophies and a ton of give-a-ways for all our time match participants.

Boy Scout Troup 32 from Romney did a great job serving food to our guests, and we plan to have them return for next year. They were very nice folks and put forth a huge effort on short notice.

R&T Club member Dan Dietrich's son Evan was our Overall Grand Champion in the Time Match. Evan not only won the youth class, but he overalled the entire event with a fantastic 4 second time variation on a three loop sprint. Well Done Evan!

The club had 35 members attend over the weekend, and everyone was a great help. With most consideration, special thanks to the Boyer Family for hosting this event and their ongoing support for our club over the years.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

It didn't seem like they had just shy of 200 riders there.

Also, I really wish they would have enforced the no generators after 11pm rule. Got to listen to some a-hole's genny all night just to see them pack up and go home in the morning :censored:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

I ended up getting hung up at work saturday with a freak rain storm and didn't get off until way too late. I wished I could have made it. I'm glad it went so well.