I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Weekday riding Sept 6 - 9

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Weekday riding Sept 6 - 9

Post by Marylander »

I'm taking off the week of Labor Day. Anyone else available to get some riding in (shade, taskers, cove, other - I'm not picky)?
wbrewer
DAMN n00b

Re: Weekday riding Sept 6 - 9

Post by wbrewer »

Hey there,
Yes, I'm available the 6th, 7th and 8th. I want to get a ride in while its still nice. I'm a bit rusty so I'm not looking for anything too difficult.

Walt
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Cool, there are a few DAMN riders in your general area, I think. I'm on the west side of Frederick County.

It's tough to know what someone means when they say nothing "too difficult". Have you ridden rocky stuff, e.g., taskers gap? I ride rocks most of the time as that's what's easiest for me to get to. What bike(s) are you riding?
wbrewer
DAMN n00b

Post by wbrewer »

Hey,
Well I'm not sure what you mean by 'rocky'. I rode a lot as a kid on a DT100, I'm older now and bought a yz250f to get back into the sport. I've been on one ride in the last two years and I'd like to make it a regular thing. Starting over, I just don't want anything too challenging, I have no idea how 'rocky; riding would turn out for me. I'll give it a shot if need be...

let me know your plans,
Walt
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Well, considering rock riding is what we've got around here just come out and see how it goes. ;)

Here's a video of one of the easy sections at shade mountain recorded by gotsasol here. This bit doesn't have any rock gardens.

Rock gardens, which you have here and there at the main riding areas around here, look like this (this one from the cove in gore, va):
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

That's a rock garden on the Jeep trails. The dirtbike/atv trails aren't as bad. (but "yes", they are rocky)
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote:That's a rock garden on the Jeep trails. The dirtbike/atv trails aren't as bad. (but "yes", they are rocky)
Yeah, I couldn't find any pics of the regular trails and that one didn't look too bad to me.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hey Kirk what day in particular were you looking to ride and where?

I might be able to make it on that Wed or Thursday. Personally, Id like to go to the Cove since I havnt been there in a while and its the closest to me.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote:Hey Kirk what day in particular were you looking to ride and where?

I might be able to make it on that Wed or Thursday. Personally, Id like to go to the Cove since I havnt been there in a while and its the closest to me.
I'm really flexible. So, if you want wed or thu at the cove that works for me.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Hey Kirk, are you good for the 7th at the Cove?

I have to take my kid to school in the morning. So I can only get there so early. I"ll try to be there getting geared up around 10-1030
My work buddy Andrew is probably coming too.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200