I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Columbus Day (Monday 10/10) ride anyone?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Columbus Day (Monday 10/10) ride anyone?

Post by gots_a_sol »

That emergency ended up being a pile of bs :censored: :frustrated: Probably still could have made it out but something lazy something something legs tired from racing :lol2:

The race ended up not being a total mudder. But it still sucked. Basically they did the 3 things I hate to see on raceday. Live engine start? Yup. Removed single track/tight stuff? Yup. Fast/wide open trails? Yup. Ugh, I knew I was going to have a bad finish once they said all that at the start. I just can't keep in touch those kids on the fast and open stuff. Give me kayaking through the trees at 5 mph any day over that :jack:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

That sounds like exactly the wrong kind of race. They kept you out of the tight stuff due to the rain/not wanting to chew things up?

It's too bad you weren't out there yesterday. We got around ok and managed about 30 miles but there are chunks of the red trail I never get to when I'm leading... ;)
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Yea they took out the harder stuff because it was so wet still. Would have ended up with a foot deep rut all the way around the course or huge bottlenecks. I understand WHY they did it, but still would rather have had it as originally set up :shrug:

The course dried out/tacked up nicely after the 2nd lap and I could pick up the pace, but so could those DAMN kids. I did set a new top speed on the husky's speedo at 55 mph :screwy:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Sam:

Sam and Jed

Jed doing a fender test

Jed pleased with the test results
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

nice
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

What trail were you all on when Jed tested his rear fender strength? :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

This was the hill on the sandy bit of trail. There was a log down parallel to the trail (which you can see in the pic) and both Jed and I went on the 'wrong' side of it. Rather than roll a little bit backwards down the hill we went up the uglier side. Of course I was to blame for going that way... ;)

There were quite a few logs and branches down.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

It's good to see Jed back out on the bike! Sorry I couldn't make it. :wallbash:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Wingfixer wrote:It's good to see Jed back out on the bike! Sorry I couldn't make it. :wallbash:
It took Jed a mile or two to get back in the grove BUT once he got warmed up he did GREAT!
It was indeed good to see him BACK!

On our last Blue trail loop they STOOPIDLY told the OFG to lead and I headed up the ROCKY ledge climb the "RIGHT" way - stalled out and Jed went around me and ALMOST made it. We helped him up the last ledge then me and Kirk had to be dragged up too. :shrug:

On the earlier Blue loop we all rode right up the new left side go around. :loveit:

It was a MC weekend for the OFG with Ratino's on Sat with Stacey, RORR on Sunday and Cove on Monday. About ~150 miles of FUN!!! :loveit:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

You remain my hero Sam! When I grow up, and get to quit keeping to a work schedule, I hope I can still do half the riding you get in! :roost:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.