I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hammer Time!! Nov 5-6 2016

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Hammer Time!! Nov 5-6 2016

Post by Bucho »

Have fun this weekend guys
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

with all the young whipper-snappers with modern tech doing the Hammer, you would think we'd have some DAMN pictures posted already! :whip:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Kyler wrote:with all the young whipper-snappers with modern tech doing the Hammer, you would think we'd have some DAMN pictures posted already! :whip:
You would think but in truth, I didn't bring the GoPro (I mean really, once you've seen one stretch of whooped out sugar sand pit/trail you've seen them all) and I don't think I saw anybody taking any pictures. :shrug:

We did see Sam, Vicky and her husband. Also ran into rurumonster on the trail. There was a The Table sighting as well. Great weekend, perfect weather. If you didn't go you missed a great one! :cheers:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Anyone have any idea what the rider turn out was? Sounds like it was huge.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Boom Boom wrote:Anyone have any idea what the rider turn out was? Sounds like it was huge.
I don't know what the total count was but I know last year they had over 900 entries and this year looked and felt like more than last year. Yeah, that's a lot of people but Tri-County does an excellent job of organizing and running the event and once you are on the trail and spread out over 80 miles its your own ride.

I will be interested to hear what rurumonster and his buddy though of their first NJ dual sport; it was cool to run into them out on the trail on Sunday.

I had a total blast and second what WF said:" Great weekend, perfect weather. If you didn't go you missed a great one!"

Can't wait til next year. :thumbup:
rurumonster
DAMN Wanabe

Post by rurumonster »

I was under the impression I couldn't take pictures or film, they seemed pretty adamant on their flyer and I didn't want some dude yelling at me my first time. It's too bad though, it was frickin gorgeous, what a great experience. Sorry I didn't get a chance to drop by Saturday evening, I ended up fielding a minor family emergency from the hotel and had a pretty lame night. It was good running in to you guys on the trail, I was blown away by how fast some guys rip up that single track! Mark and I have only ridden single track like that once before, so we're still learning. By the end of the day, I felt much more comfortable and I definitely improved as a rider. I was as courteous as possible to the faster bros and yielded to them a lot, didn't want to hold anyone up. I got a thank you almost every time, which was nice. I only wish we hadn't started promptly at 8am, Mark and I must have been the first few guys out. It was impossible to tell if we were faster than anyone, since we'd never see the slow guys. Maybe next time we'll start late.

Great time, I can't wait to go back!
Husqvarna TE 300
KTM SMR
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Ahh, another year I miss this one...

Looks like it was a good one as usual. Glad some new guys got out there to ride it. Adam (rurumonster) and Mark needed some good single track practice!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Boom Boom wrote:Anyone have any idea what the rider turn out was? Sounds like it was huge.
I think it was 1,200 & I think most of them passed me! LOL!

Had a VERY good weekend in spite of a brace on my hand for a bone I broke at Hatfield/McCoy the prior weekend.
Vicki Nielsen (my DARLING riding partner) :loveit: had to buckle my helmet for me.

PS: Had a SUPER/EPIC day a week ago Sat with the R&T crew. Me and 2 youngsters took off from the bigger group and did 149,174,182,184,186,199 and a couple more single tracks. LOVE my Freeride :loveit:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Broken bones do not stop Sam from riding...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

First 30ish miles both days were epic. It is a shame how much trail has been lost over the years, but Tricounty has done a great job putting together as much trail as possible. Such a good all around event!