I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
beejaytee
aka Heather

Re: Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017

Post by beejaytee »

Awesome. I am all for less drive time. What day does that put the hard section on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

beejaytee wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:13 pm Awesome. I am all for less drive time. What day does that put the hard section on?

Matewan to Slade would be one day's ride. Then Slade to London on day 2. And the hardest (allegedly) part is just south of London so we would hit that first thing on day 3.....
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Skinny-J wrote:
beejaytee wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:13 pm Awesome. I am all for less drive time. What day does that put the hard section on?

Matewan to Slade would be one day's ride. Then Slade to London on day 2. And the hardest (allegedly) part is just south of London so we would hit that first thing on day 3.....
At least we don't hit it the last day. Image

2012 Ktm 500xcw
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

A couple days to get warmed up :knary:
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

J&J wrote:A couple days to get warmed up :knary:
Yeah. A couple days to figure out the dirt would be good.

2012 Ktm 500xcw
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

So excited for this one!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

So. Many. Pages. I'm collecting information for my Dad (and myself) and a single, nice collection of information would be great at this point, so some questions --

1) Where/when is the start? My Dad's considering joining us from Florida so if he decides to join, he'd like to join there. -- Is June 19th the "leave Maryland and Nearby / meet at the start" date, or the "kickstands up, we're riding the trails" date?

2) Are we tenting, hoteling, or sleeping in trailers? My assumption is we are dropping the trucks and trailers off somewhere, doing an epic loop, and getting back to the trucks days later?

3) Do we need Hatfield & McCoy passes? Are we doing all the extreme options?

4) How many people do we have going at this point? Are we planning on having Team Options eXtreem and Team Sensible Riders, or traveling as one big group?

I'm super excited! Let's ride!

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

And I guess most importantly, is it more like this -- (A) http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/c ... at.971478/ or this -- (B) http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/w ... t-29729357 ? :)

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Phoo, I'll try and field some of these questions.

We do not have an actual start/finish location picked out yet.
The Lil Abner Hotel near Slade was mentioned and is a strong possibility.

I just looked at a calendar and realized the 19th is a Monday. I had assumed this would be similar to other "long" trips we have done. Where we leave the weekend before, the actual ride would more or less go from Monday-Friday. Then drive home the following Saturday or whatnot.
SkinnyJ will need to weigh in on this one.

As far as camping vs hotels.
While on the ride itself we will be packing light and staying in hotels (cheaper the better). But the first night and last night when we are w/ the vehicles, some of us at least will be camping. My van, J's trailer ect... However, not everyone needs too. Those who want can hotel it nearby.

We do NOT need Hatfield McCoy passes. Just to save time and try to keep this only a 5 day riding trip. We were planning on skipping the Hatfield McCoy section. Its the Buffalo Mtn area, that most of us have ridden anyway.

I don't think we have an official count as of yet.
We have had quite a bit of interest and if everyone who has said, can actually go, it will probably be several riding groups.

I know there is a core group, SkinnyJ, wingfixer, Bucho, ect... We plan on doing as much of the "hero options" as possible w/ the exception of the Hatfield McCoy stuff.
I would almost guarantee that if say you and your Dad are going to do the "Easy" route and lead. You would probably have some takers who would want to ride w/ you. If not everyday, at least when its already been a long day and we are about to head into a "hard" section at 3pm.

Hopefully in another month we can really start to hammer out the details.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

phoo wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:31 pm And I guess most importantly, is it more like this -- (A) http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/c ... at.971478/ or this -- (B) http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/w ... t-29729357 ? :)

~Patrick
It was actually me reading that CanonShot ride report that made me want to do this ride. I think the basic route would be an excellent trip. But since I AM and offroad guy, and have a half decent thumper to ride, then of course I want to do the hard sections too.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200