I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017

Post by phoo »

It's not uncommon to come back from a big trip and step away from the bike for a while.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

BDMaha wrote:For what it is worth, I've put a couple thousand miles on d606s. They are smooth and consistent on asphalt. Gotta run close to 30 psi to keep them from wearing as quickly on asphalt especially the front. I recon that is the same for any nobbie on asphalt. Most importantly with rim locks, gotta run 3 to 4 Oz of weight opposite the rim of rim lock. I used trial and error with using weights that screw lock onto the spokes. Massive difference!
For me...I got to say I'm more concerned riding a dirt bike any more than 100 miles in a day. Anyone try it? It's tiring big time. I'd imagine riding with a group may be less tiring but at the end of the KAT, I wonder if I'll hate my wonderful new dirt bike.
I know I'm likely in for this trip but in may I will need to ride to Tasker's, ride around all day then ride home b4 I commit to 5 days consecutive of a similar.
Nothing more thrilling than jumping into the unknown. This will be my first forte into multi day 100+ mile rides too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

You might be a little sore that second- third day. But you get used to it.
By day 3 you may not want to do the Hard sections.

Which is cool. Remember, you are doing this for fun.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

My guess is beejaytee will kick ass on this ride!
The couple of times I've ridden with him he definitely had his s**t together and knew how to hand his 525!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

The worst part about a long, multi-day ride on a dirt bike? The SEAT. I spent a good many miles standing when we did that Elk County ride.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Sounds like a buncha women in here with all the whinging! :amazon:

The best part of a multi day ride is when you get up in the morning you get to ride! And the next day... you get to ride some more! I love these trips, as much as I love the big trail trips we do out west. We will get to do more, and more interesting, riding, see more stuff and test yourself and your machine further in 5 days then you will in a whole year of day trips. This will be a trip you'll look back on and laugh and smile about for years and years! Don't worry about the seat, don't worry about the soreness, don't worry about the break downs! Think about the scenery, the roads and trails you'll ride that you've never seen and might never see again! Think about how good the ice cream will taste at lunch, how cold the beer will be with dinner and how good you'll sleep in that cheap, flea bag hotel and all the awesome, hilarious stories you'll have to tell!

Junior can say it all in one picture:

/rant
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

:hi5:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

J&J wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:42 am:hi5:
I got a pitcher of you from that ride too, mister.
:killingme:
:cheers:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Thanks for reminding me, I owe Junior a payback for that one. :dry:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:54 am Sounds like a buncha women in here with all the whinging! :amazon:
Good point, I thought I logged onto ADVrider.com for a second....
:cheers:
Wingfixer wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:54 am The best part of a multi day ride is when you get up in the morning you get to ride! And the next day... you get to ride some more! I love these trips, as much as I love the big trail trips we do out west. We will get to do more, and more interesting, riding, see more stuff and test yourself and your machine further in 5 days then you will in a whole year of day trips. This will be a trip you'll look back on and laugh and smile about for years and years! Don't worry about the seat, don't worry about the soreness, don't worry about the break downs! Think about the scenery, the roads and trails you'll ride that you've never seen and might never see again! Think about how good the ice cream will taste at lunch, how cold the beer will be with dinner and how good you'll sleep in that cheap, flea bag hotel and all the awesome, hilarious stories you'll have to tell!
And that's why we are friends..... :hug:
Wingfixer wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:54 am Junior can say it all in one picture:
Who's this Junior guy you keep talking about?
:dhorse: