I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017 [KY Trail]

Post by Bucho »

J&J wrote:Will we be camping the first & last day?
That was my thought.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017 [KY Trail]

Post by Skinny-J »

Bucho wrote:
J&J wrote:Will we be camping the first & last day?
That was my thought.
+1. With the JAT it's a no-brainer. I will try to find a place where we can camp the first and last night, but is also near lodging for those who would rather just grab a room. It might even be preferable for some to get rooms somewhere as we might then be able to ask to leave the vehicles there for the week. I will work on this....
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Re: Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017

Post by Junior »

Bucho wrote:
beejaytee wrote:PTO approved! Who wants to truck pool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still a little far out, but I guess not a terrible idea to start talking about it.

KAT Rig #1 Wingfixer/JAT: (4 spots), will probably be SkinnyJ, Wingfixer, Junior, and maybe Phoo?

KAT Rig #2 Bucho's VANOWAR!: (3 spots), Bucho, (need to reserve a spot for my friend Adam, though he isn't 100%), one extra

Jay Hall also has a nice enclosed trailer that could hold three bikes. He could haul this himself w/ his truck. Or like a past trip my van could pull it and the VANOWAR rig could take four people...

Not sure who else has rigs capable of taking more than two people. I'm sure plenty of people have a pickup bed or two bike trailer. But for splitting gas money its nice to have 3-4.
I may have a buddy going with me? I also have a crew cab and 7x12 enclosed trailer.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
darrell
DAMN n00b

Post by darrell »

I would like to reserved a spot in the one of your trailers, I have taken off 19-26 June, for this ride. I live near Aberdeen Maryland
“a true diamond in the rough”
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I'd say when we get closer to the date & get a few details planned (like where we are leaving the trucks & creating a list of who's going) we can decide who's going with who. I have a crew cab & will probably put my camper on it. Planning to take a 6X10 (3 bike) but can pull a larger trailer if needed. We can also split bikes & people in different rigs if needed. We'll for sure get everyone there & back.
darrell
DAMN n00b

Post by darrell »

Sounds like a plan, I don't have a trailer, I use a bike hauler to transport my bikes.
“a true diamond in the rough”
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

So it looks like this will be my first multi day DS ride and I have no idea how to pack for this. I don't want to spend $300 on a saddlebag system so I was looking at the Green Chile scramble rack with some Rollie dry bags as saddle bags. I was thinking x2 20l would be good for clothes, tools, spare parts and maybe a few items I'm not thinking of. It looks like we are hoteling it but maybe a small tarp for rainy stops?

What else? Does this system seem ok? Too much, too little?

Thanks guys.

2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

beejaytee wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:44 am So it looks like this will be my first multi day DS ride and I have no idea how to pack for this. I don't want to spend $300 on a saddlebag system so I was looking at the Green Chile scramble rack with some Rollie dry bags as saddle bags. I was thinking x2 20l would be good for clothes, tools, spare parts and maybe a few items I'm not thinking of. It looks like we are hoteling it but maybe a small tarp for rainy stops?

Thanks guys.

Pack light since we are hotelling it.
When we did a similar trip (shorter) a few years ago. I made do w/ just my timbuktoo messenger bag strapped to the little rack behind me and a few odds and ends in my camelback pack.

I now have some Stich tank panniers to work with as well.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

Bucho wrote:
beejaytee wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:44 am So it looks like this will be my first multi day DS ride and I have no idea how to pack for this. I don't want to spend $300 on a saddlebag system so I was looking at the Green Chile scramble rack with some Rollie dry bags as saddle bags. I was thinking x2 20l would be good for clothes, tools, spare parts and maybe a few items I'm not thinking of. It looks like we are hoteling it but maybe a small tarp for rainy stops?

Thanks guys.

Pack light since we are hotelling it.
When we did a similar trip (shorter) a few years ago. I made do w/ just my timbuktoo messenger bag strapped to the little rack behind me and a few odds and ends in my camelback pack.

I now have some Stich tank panniers to work with as well.
Got it. I've got a decent size camelback but I'll have to figure out a way to carry a bag. Racks are hard to find for my bike.

2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I used a small duffel style dry bag on the rear fender. I put two 1" footman loops through the fender near the tail light and strapped the bag down to those and to the subframe using ROK straps. I could probably lend you that dry bag if you'd like.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R